• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for Recommendations on a Tail Light for My Hex EZ-CAN equipped GS

desmoderek

MotoDruid
All the ones I have found so far all have some kind of processor for turn signal activation or their own built-in flash sequence. I want an easy to install set of LED lights that I can hard mount and wire to the Hex unit. If all fails, I may end up just getting a basic Hyperlight setup and using the license plate bracket to mount them. Looking for alternatives...Anyone?

For those not aware of the Hex capabilities, it allows for an adjustable range for daytime dimming and a range for a couple of different flash sequences.

I do not want to run into compatibility issues.

All the ones I have found so far all have some kind of processor for turn signal activation or their own built-in flash sequence. I want an easy to install set of LED lights that I can hard mount and wire to the Hex unit. If all fails, I may end up just getting a basic Hyperlight setup and using the license plate bracket to mount them. Looking for alternatives...Anyone?

For those not aware of the Hex capabilities, it allows for an adjustable range for daytime dimming and a range for a couple of different flash sequences.

I do not want to run into compatibility issues.

Volo light. It is a license plate type of red flashing lights tied into the brake lights. Very easy install. Does not tie into hex, but is programmable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look at the Skene P3 lights

I use these very bright LED lights on both my RT and GS. They have over 60K combined miles with no problems. Very compact plus you can modify the blinking sequence when applying your brakes. Works perfectly with the CanBus system. I have the running light/brake light versions. The running lights are much brighter than the stock BMW rear lamp. If you want to be seen in the day or night, look into these lights.

My riding buddy has a newer model with the turn signal option. You might consider this too.

I left the stock brake light as is and added the Skene P3 lights. They pulse when the brakes are activated.

I installed the HexEzCan on my R1200RTW and the Admore brake light and sure enough they are not compatible. I can only get the tailight and solid braking light to work with no flashing options despite adjusting the settings to what the Hex people suggested. I will likely have to tap into the brake and turn signal wires and bypass the EZ Can.

Back