• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hyperlites

ROBERTSI

Ordered a set of hyperlites for my 2014 1200gsa. I don't have a fuse block on this bike. Does anyone have these installed without using a fuse block ? Any issues? Any known video links on install?
Hoping I'm posting in right forum.
Thanks!

Hyper lights

Hi Robert,
I installer them on my 2014 BMW 1200 GS and I installed them with a inline fuse off the keyed switch power under the seat. It worked great! You will see the first time out on the road when you see people's heads turning when you apply the breaks!
Also over a year I had 4 LEDs burned out and called them and they sent me a replacement Free of charge.
It's Hard to find a company that dooes this now days! Thank you Hyper lights !!
Ron

Installed them on my 2015 R1200RT without fuse box. Their instructions were very good. Had a small issue, emiled them and got an answer and a phone # to call on a Sunday. Great service. Turned out to be a small mistake on my part but they straightened me out.

Installed them on my 2015 R1200RT without fuse box. Their instructions were very good.

+1

I got the combo running/brake/yellow turn LED kit for my 16RT, mounted to their license plate bracket. I posi-tapped them into into the running/brake and turn signal wires at the bike's rear light assembly just as I had with my previous RTs. Very simple job.

Why wouldn't you just install a fuse block. Makes everything much simpler when adding accessories.

My dealer just installed them for me on my 2016 RT. Same as on my 2012 GSA. Love them. Simple and bright. No fuse block needed in either case

hyperlites are blinking

Just installed those puppies. They work great.
Easy install. Took total of 2 hrs to set up. Where 1.5 hrs was taken for removing the large platform just under the seats + pannier racks. I just simply followed instructions.
Thanks again for your input.

Hyperlites and CANBUS

I shared this problem on a 'charging' thread.
My lites were installed on my 2015 R1200RT. My problem is that the BMW charger which was needed when the CANBUS system was introduced on my '10 R12RT (cost > 3X cost of Battery Tender) now shows an "error" message (the Hyprerlites work fine), forcing me to direct wire pigtails to the battery and use a Battery Tender. So, if you plan to charge through the BMW socket(s) with a BMW plug, you can forget the special BMW charger. If you would like this charger, it's on the Marketplace.

Back