• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Body Plastic from Hong Kong

A lot of views and no thoughts:dunno

My only experience is from some carbon fiber pieces that came on H's 12S...the belly pan in particular was very thin compared to name brand equivalents we have. Seems someone complained about fitment issues at the fasteners the time it came up here. I'll try to locate that long ago thread

The wise guy answer would be check one out and let us know.:jester

Finding used ones is very hit-n-miss on these models. What color are you in search of? Went thru all of this on a Wedge K12GT recently.

Do not fail to remember that in today's world, the Chinese can always make an inferior thing that is cheaper.

I know that and its why I am asking if anyone has experience with them. Made in China is not the kiss of death to quality as evidenced by the phone you probably have, computers, etc. I would rather have the BMW parts but I also want to fix the bike.

Mine is gone:(. And it is the Bumble scheme to I could paint it but I think it would never match. If I can find one and the price is right I would try

I don't know about plastic panels...

I bought a set of replacement integrated mirror/turn signals for my Aprilia that came from China. They were far from excellent but they met the good enough standard for the money.

I bought left side valve cover for my RT a few years ago. The paint finish was a little brighter (they probably matched the color code from the automotive sector which is a tiny bit different). Surface finish was mostly smooth but did have some very small imperfections in the clear coat.. I could see porosity in some of the non-machined areas. This clearly would not be acceptable for OEM but again, good enough.

A year later I gently set the bike down and scuffed the left valve cover again. I ordered one off ebay - coming from China. The first one had a similar color mismatch but porosity was worse. Most of all the threads for the oil fill cap were cross threaded. I returned the part and ordered from a different buyer. Another part came and the threads were worse so back it went. I ordered another from a seller allegedly in the UK. The part arrived from China :banghead

Of this latest batch the filler cap would actually seat down and seal.

I guess it depends on what kind of final fit and finish you can be happy with... If you are looking for 100% then better call the dealer. If you will accept less then 100% clean parts then... the get what you pay for axiom applies.

Back