• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bustin' Beads.....Anyone try a BeadBuster?

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
I have done 8 tires so far this year, out on the concrete, 2 on the stumper, 4 on the WheelHorse and 2 on the front of the farm tractor. All done by hand although I have the "ingredients" to make it go better. One of the worse parts, as we all know, is breaking the bead from a long seated tire. Sure I have some tricks to get me through but as I saw this tool on the Fisher's ATV show yesterday, I was looking for some personal experience.

XB-450-348x348.png

A little bit of searching on the webdze showed some whining on the price more than actual experience. That seems to be the way. It looks like a well made unit that is highly portable and perhaps a lifelong tool.

If you have actually used the tool, I would be interested in what you thought :ear

https://beadbuster.com/product/beadbuster-xb-450/

Gary

So, I bought one.....and it works. I just changes 2- 9.50 X 16.5 tires on the chipper :thumb
That's 10 tires changed out on the pad this year. Old Guy still getting it done :gerg
:brad
OM

This is the next bad-boy. It's the spare from under the bed of the pick-up although it looks like it spent some time on the deck of the Titanic. Damn road salt.
I ordered a new rim, tire is fine.
OM

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 544
This is the next bad-boy. It's the spare from under the bed of the pick-up although it looks like it spent some time on the deck of the Titanic. Damn road salt.
I ordered a new rim, tire is fine.
OM

LT 265 R17, been on since '03......
Bad side 3 pushes, "better" side 2 pushes.
It worked well as a rim-lock to keep the bead in the "drop".
OM

Nice lug holes! :hungover

I tried to bust a Bimmer sedan tire on a cast rim that looked like it had some corrosion along bead and had been driven underinflated for some time. My NoMar balked at even a nudge on that attempt, had done a car rim before so was surprised it wouldn't break.
Would have liked to have your set up after what it took to get that dang tire off.

Nice lug holes! :hungover
Nice when you can catch the problem in the "yard" Steve. Iffin' I had needed it on the highway, with the rust on both sides, I couldn't have trusted it far. New rim (painted), $80.00. Off the 3500SRW Cummins P/U.
Gary

Yeh, not a confidence inspiring find. So many coastal boat trailers suffer same malady and the pickup living on the beach.
$80 of love for the Dodge:thumb

I used this BeadBuster to change 4- 15" trailer tires yesterday. Once off the trailer, about 15 "easy" minutes for each wheel. Tires have been on since '02 :thumb
OM

Back