• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Posting pictures

montana

I'm pretty new to forum stuff, and I tried a couple of ways to get a picture to post, or at least get it to post using the "attach file" function box on the posting screen, but no luck no matter what I tried. This picture file existed on my computer, was a valid file type, and small ( >100k). Please show the syntax of how to have the forum put a locally-stored picture into the body of a message. Thanks.

Montana said:
I'm pretty new to forum stuff, and I tried a couple of ways to get a picture to post, or at least get it to post using the "attach file" function box on the posting screen, but no luck no matter what I tried. This picture file existed on my computer, was a valid file type, and small ( >100k). Please show the syntax of how to have the forum put a locally-stored picture into the body of a message. Thanks.

Sure thing. Just click on Attach file, but Don't Preview your Post!. It works best with .jpgs if that helps. I haven't experimented with .bmps, but I know that .jpgs work.

If you want to convert a picture from .bmp to .jpg, irfanview is my favorite tool to do so. It's free from www.irfanview.com and will convert entire directories of images at a time for you. It'll resize, resample and convert to a different format while you twiddle your thumbs. Way easy.

If you have pictures on line that you want to include, find the picture and right click on it. Select Properties and click. Highlight the web address of the photo and right click to copy it. In the message you're including the photo in, click the IMG tag and paste the web address in the dialog box. In this case, you can Preview the post.

Let me know if you have issues. Are you an AOL user? Jim Slater has had a heck of a time posting pictures and he uses AOL. I can't say for sure that it's an AOL issue, but I know they do some funny things.

PM me if you need help.

Dave

Thanks, Dave.

I went to the 2004 rally thread and edited my post with the link so I could replace that with the map. Guess what? I didn't find an attachment function in the edit panel.

Okay, I added a new post with the map.

Then I went to the message with only the link to delete it. Upon redisplay, that message is still there. I refreshed the page. Still there. So now there are two ways to see the Spokane rally site map.

Fine.

Thanks again.

I tried to put neat pics on the show us yer t... er bike,and posted the address from my computer,but that did not display the picture.i moved the picture to my desk top and tried to cut and paste it.Could you walk me through the process?Thanks!

Sure.

You want to use the Attach File: button.
483674-M.jpg

Use the Browse button to navigate to your image.
483693-M.jpg

Click "Open" and it will fill the path in for you.

Then click Submit Reply. If you submit Preview Reply, it will lose your attachment.

If you have pictures on the web, it's far easier. The pictures in this post were up on smugmug and I just copied the URL and used the IMG tags above to put the picture in.

If you use the IMG tag and put in a path to a local photo, it won't work. You need to use Attach File to use a photo on your computer.

Hope this helps.

Back