• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from Nova Scotia.

Greetings from Riverside N.S.I have been a MOA member for many years and thought it was time to join the Forum .

Welcome to the forum! What bikes do you own and what sort of riding do you like to do? It's always been on my bucket list to head to your area of North America. Pictures probably don't do it justice.

Welcome.

I got quite snockered in Halifax one evening while attending a Canadian military course, and then was forced into drinking a fair amount the next day aboard HMCS Provider. I must visit N.S. again someday so I'll have some memories.

Please consider filling out your profile so members can learn a little about you.

Traveling to NS this summer!

Hey 49261,
My wife and I are planning to head to the BMW Rally in Western NY this summer and we're noticing that the Cabot Trail is only 2,500 miles out of the way!
What are some must see places in NS?
Thanks,
TJLeMay

Hey 49261,
My wife and I are planning to head to the BMW Rally in Western NY this summer and we're noticing that the Cabot Trail is only 2,500 miles out of the way!
Thanks,
TJLeMay

You will like it! Was there last October. Took a counter clock tour of Cape Breton Island. Up to Sydney, from there to Cabot Trail.
Also counter clock so the scenery is always on my side of the road. From there to Sydney, Clockwise around the coast, up to Digby.
Took the ferry to St.John, NB. Nice ride, friendly people. A motorcyclist's paradise, more bikes than cars! Enjoy!

Hey 49261,
Thanks,
TJLeMay

assuming that you mean round trip to Hamburg? I have a bit of knowledge about this route. Take cable ferries, camp at KOA after crossing from Seal Island (tell Jason that the Salty Fog Riders sent ya), go to Clucking Hen, go to Meat Cove (and eat at the Chowder Hut there), stop in Cheticamp, go to the Red Shoe in Mabou, stop at Glenora Distillery, take route 4 on west side,......... overall, don't be in a hurry....relax. Lots to see;research it. Must see places in NS?........ again, don't be in a hurry and shut off the gps. - Bob

N.s.

Wonderful Province you have there. The people the same.
Goo'd Riverside N.S. Is it the same as Riverside Corner?

Do 30,000 bikes really show up for the "Wharf Rat Rally" in Digby ?

Good advice to turn off the GPS.
I may not have stumbled upon "The Incident" Festival had I not been paying attention. Now there's my kind of excuse for a festival.

They probably still do, but in the '70's around Cheticamp, they were grilling Lobster tails on a grill in the local park like we grill hamburgers. Except this family grill held 40-50 lobster tails.
One of the most memorable camping spots was just North of Cheticamp on the Gulf side of the road. A tent spot on the edge of a small cliff above a deserted beach, Sunset over the water and free firewood. Not to mention whales.

Great memories,
Charlie

Welcome fellow Canadian, You will find a lot of helpful people and useful information here.

What do you ride?

Thanks for the welcome.I have an k75s which has a gremlin in it and I don't have the time to look at it and a 1200gs.The gs is my favorite ride.I have a Russell Day long for the seat and set up with Micatec bags,no gps on it though .:)

assuming that you mean round trip to Hamburg? I have a bit of knowledge about this route. Take cable ferries, camp at KOA after crossing from Seal Island (tell Jason that the Salty Fog Riders sent ya), go to Clucking Hen, go to Meat Cove (and eat at the Chowder Hut there), stop in Cheticamp, go to the Red Shoe in Mabou, stop at Glenora Distillery, take route 4 on west side,......... overall, don't be in a hurry....relax. Lots to see;research it. Must see places in NS?........ again, don't be in a hurry and shut off the gps. - Bob

I have usually done the Trail counter clock wise and stayed over night in Cheticamp and walk over to the Dorrymen for supper.They usually have music on the weekend and the place can be lively.Another place to ride is the Gaspereau Valley and the Valley.If you decide to go to Peggy's Cove it is usually a zoo and stay off the black rocks.I agree with turning off the gps.I don't have one and always use a map instead .Sometimes you find the best roads when you are lost.:)

Back