• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bluetooth Headset: Connecting all features '14 '15 RT (Sena 20s iphone 5s Nav V)

rtlandis

I have read endless forum posts and none seam to match up with me and I am confused beyond regard.

My situation:

Sena 20s (Dual)
iPhone 5s (maybe hers connected to her headset if possible)
Nav V
2014 BMW R1200RT

I just want all the best features I can get "linked together" including WonderWheel to work with volume control or other things this can incorporate; such as music control, etc. I still cannot get this to sync with my iPhone 5s media. In the Audio Source selection, I do not see anything other than the usual: FM, Aux, SeriousXM, USB.

Current hook up:
iPhone 5s to Nav V
20s to Helmet 1
20s to Nav V
I cannot seem to get next steps.

Side note: I then go to pair Helmet 2 setting with 2nd Sena 20s: Bike says "Not Possible" What does that mean? This is the most confusing pairing situation I have ever dealt with. I have unpaired everything before starting different setups.

I just need a good tutorial how to set up all the features. Phone calls, how to control media through 20s the best way (is that through wonder wheel or commands via speak), talk to my partner 2 inches from me, Pandora like services or Apple Music to stream...Please HELP.

My set-up

I also use the Sena 20s with my 2014RT. I do not have my iPhone linked with the Nav. The Nav will work through the bike's sound system. I linked my iPhone to the Sena and can listen to it independently without the sound system being on. I don't think you can listen to the iPhone content while having the bike's sound system on. Have you tried connecting the iPhone with the MP3 connection?

I also use the Sena 20s with my 2014RT. I do not have my iPhone linked with the Nav. The Nav will work through the bike's sound system. I linked my iPhone to the Sena and can listen to it independently without the sound system being on. I don't think you can listen to the iPhone content while having the bike's sound system on. Have you tried connecting the iPhone with the MP3 connection?

Other than trying hard to connect via Bluetooth, I bought one of the aftermarket non-BMW cables to connect my iPhone 5S via USB/Charging - Lightning Cable/Connection and I still cannot get my phone playlists to come out through even Aux Source. I am totally confused by this bike. Not sure how to play like you are saying via MP3 setting. Thanks.

The Electronics as advanced as they are for a motorcycle, really is TERRIBLE for trying to set anything up through its Audio System. I am so disappointed in it. At least I can enjoy a good looking bike and a good ride.

Other than trying hard to connect via Bluetooth, I bought one of the aftermarket non-BMW cables to connect my iPhone 5S via USB/Charging - Lightning Cable/Connection and I still cannot get my phone playlists to come out through even Aux Source. I am totally confused by this bike. Not sure how to play like you are saying via MP3 setting. Thanks.

The Electronics as advanced as they are for a motorcycle, really is TERRIBLE for trying to set anything up through its Audio System. I am so disappointed in it. At least I can enjoy a good looking bike and a good ride.
Well you are using a cable BMW never intended you to use expecting it to work so don't get too frustrated when it doesn't.

What I have is my phone connected via bt to my GPS and the bike and GPS connected via bt to my Sena, there are specific steps for this to work, referencing BMW specifically on the Sena site. Works perfectly I get xm music, GPS directions and phone calls.

When I want to listen to audio from my phone I connect the phones headphone jack to the bikes 3.5mm audio input and switch the radio to aux. Works perfectly via bt to my helmet.

If you need to go beyond that and contr your iPhone from the bike I think you need the BMW cable. However be warned it was designed for the iPhone 4s and may not work with the 5 as you need the lightening to 30 pin adapter from Apple.

The only issue I have is I must have my Sena on before I turn the bike on or the music doesnt play via bt. Not sure why, but so long as I turn my Sena on and then turn the bike on everything automatically connects and works fine, inclduing traffic and weather from my garmin connect phone app to the gps.

Back