• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Size of torque socket to remove 2014 GSA header nuts

kbeck44889

Installing a set of Remus headers on my GSA. I have a 18 inverted torque socket but it is to small to remove the M8 header nuts. Any one have the correct size of these nuts?

External TORX bolt heads have 6 points and a 12-point hex wrench is not an appropriate tool.

No such thing as a torque socket, of course.

External TORX bolt heads have 6 points and a 12-point hex wrench is not an appropriate tool.

No such thing as a torque socket, of course.

This is the nut:

GSAccessories113.jpg

Obviously not an E-Torx.

Jim :brow

Interesting, I've always referred to them as "spline drive".

prod_8239137425

First ran into on on a '75 Dodge 3/4 ton PU.
OM

No wonder my external torq socket would not work. The 12 point worked great in a pinch.
So far really enjoying the extra punch of the motor with the full system and fuel controller.
It will take a tank of full for the Ecu to adjust.

Same concept at the driveshaft-to-rear-drive nuts on Airheads. Just use a normal 12-point wrench.

thanks for the info.I've got some akrapovic ti headers coming in today.

On a side note, why does the slip on cost more than headers?

It is worth it?:banghead
I just can't help my self and keep a bike stock.
My kids don't have shoes and the car has bald tires but my bike has a full Remus carbon fiber system:)

Back