• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello all, new guy here with a 2015 RT.

ehc0720

I bought a new 2015 RT in April, only have 1100mi on it so far and having issues. First off, I have the leaky rear shock, a new ones been on order for about 4 weeks now. Secondly, I have an issue that the bike wallows side to side under 3000rpms. It's been to the dealer a few times, they have another one parked in the back with the same issue. Only really bothers me if I go into a turn and drop down to about 3K rpms and it feels like it is going to either low side or high side on me. Went to the dealer again today, they have a new service mgr, he test rode the bike and felt this wallowing. He is going to put a request into BMW to see if they know anything about it.

I hope they find out what the cause is I really like this bike my 4th BMW; R1100R, K1200RS, R1150GS and now an R1200RT.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you were able to demonstrate the problem with the dealer. How many times have we brought a vehicle in for service saying it does so-and-so and by the time you get there, it's stopped doing it! :eek Hope you get it fixed!

Well the dealer called me yesterday, service mgr talked to BMW and they said they have had this reported and it seems to be related to the leaking shock?!?!?! Any way they have one ready for me (ordered 4 wks ago) to be installed tomorrow, I sure hope this fixes the wallowing issue I really like this bike. I update after the shock is installed and tested.
Thanks.

Well the dealer called me yesterday, service mgr talked to BMW and they said they have had this reported and it seems to be related to the leaking shock?!?!?! Any way they have one ready for me (ordered 4 wks ago) to be installed tomorrow, I sure hope this fixes the wallowing issue I really like this bike. I update after the shock is installed and tested.
Thanks.

Well I got the new shock installed yesterday and went for about a 200mi test ride today. The wallowing has been cured!!! The bike rides great now.

Dealerships stepping up to the plate... Again

Well I got the new shock installed yesterday and went for about a 200mi test ride today. The wallowing has been cured!!! The bike rides great now.

This is awesome news. Thanks for taking the time in the forums to write about the positive outcome. So often we read the problems and not the solutions.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you were able to demonstrate the problem with the dealer. How many times have we brought a vehicle in for service saying it does so-and-so and by the time you get there, it's stopped doing it! :eek Hope you get it fixed!

Yes Kurt!:thumb:whistle I went through that symptom.By the end nothing was wrong-probably I was a littlebit tooo much concerned.

Steve

Back