• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Radiator Guard Idea for the R1200 GSA wet head

k75s

Likes "Whizzy" Brakes
Ok, so how come my 92 K75S has radiator guards (grids) and my expensive 2014 GSA does not? (like my K75S is always going off road)
Well, maybe there is a cheap solution here.

Here is the K75S parts diagram, item 12.
parts fiche 1.jpg

BMW part number:
parts fiche 2.jpg

This will be cut to make 2 grids.
rad guard k75s_35.jpg

continued...

Last edited:
Cut outs. You want to include the lip on the right:
rad guard k75s_35_cut outs.jpg

5 - 3/4" x 7 - 3/4" approximately. I used a metal cutting blade on my table saw to cut the grids and then my bench grinder to smooth the edges.
rad guard 4.jpg

rad guard 3.jpg

continued...

Last edited:
rad guard 2.jpg

This is how they should look in their frames (the frames are actually upside down relative to how they install in your bike, the lip on the grids ends up on top)
rad guard 1.jpg

:clap !!! Ta Da!!! :clap
rad guard_25.jpg

I know some of the aftermarket guards may protect better as they may deflect a stone sooner because of their thickness.

I do not know if these dimensions work on the GS, but I imagine it should be close.

Last edited:
Back