• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Panjo Marketplace Feedback Thread

Using W7Pro with IE11 - ONLY shows up IF I select "items without images". When that is selected I still get some items with images also though.

Using iPad iOS 8 with Safari - same

Using W7Pro with IE11 - ONLY shows up IF I select "items without images". When that is selected I still get some items with images also though.

Basically I'm using the same Windows and IE11. I see the same thing. I filtered for no pictures, but got some with pictures. I guess it's not perfect...yet! :dunno

So you don't see it unless you choose without pictures also?

I've searched various ways, showing all 284 items on two pages and I don't see it. I search within 1000 miles of South Dakota...I don't see it. I filter to Hard Parts only...I don't see it. But if I select items with no pictures, then I see it. So, it definitely doesn't work all that well!!

A poster has indicated that the "Sell it now" feature doesn't work. His post is here:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...r-wheel-needed&p=969879&viewfull=1#post969879

Stoner - thanks for reporting the issue. What is your Web browser? Internet Explorer?

If you are logged into the forum and head to this page: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/classifieds.php you should be able to click the blue "Sell an Item" button to create a listing.

Chad @ BMWMOA Marketplace Support by Panjo

I've searched various ways, showing all 284 items on two pages and I don't see it. I search within 1000 miles of South Dakota...I don't see it. I filter to Hard Parts only...I don't see it. But if I select items with no pictures, then I see it. So, it definitely doesn't work all that well!!

The BMW MOA Flea Market defaults to listings with photos. (Listings without photos RARELY sell.) The listing in question does not have a photo. Thus, in order to get that listing to show up in the search results you have to check the box that includes listings without photos AKA the option that says "Items without images."

Then I suggest you make that information evident to the users who are buying and selling. Why don't they get found in a search?

The BMW MOA Flea Market defaults to listings with photos. (Listings without photos RARELY sell.) The listing in question does not have a photo. Thus, in order to get that listing to show up in the search results you have to check the box that includes listings without photos AKA the option that says "Items without images."

I don't find this to be true. I did a filter for Hard Parts. 54 items showed up, 2 of which don't have pictures. I also did a plain search for "transmission". 24 items showed up, one of which was an ad with no picture.

Hi,

Thanks for this info! So I have everything correct, when you press the Flea Market tab at the top of BMWMOA, the marketplace loads slowly or sometimes not at all? Sorry for all the questions, I want to get everything identical on our side so we can figure out exactly what is causing the issue.

Best,
Niko @ Panjo

Tonight The Flea market is not loading AT ALL! It sure would be nice to take advantage of my membership here and browse this website without problems. Not too much to ask is it? It's been a long time now since Panjo started the FM. It's time to get it together people!

Loading fine for me on iPad iOS8 Safari and Dell desktop W7Pro IE11

I get that it works for some just fine. The fact that so many are having problems is the not acceptable part of this equation. It is web based and should have nothing to do with browser or OS, yet it does.

Why, exactly is the MOA Marketplace not using a simple, forum based flea market? Not exactly rocket surgery....

It is web based and should have nothing to do with browser or OS, yet it does.

Actually anything web based (this forum for example) has to be designed for compatibility with numerous browsers and OS's and the combination of the two.

Not exactly rocket surgery....

I have never performed rocket surgery nor do I have a degree in rocket science but I have designed a few web sites and found this is no easy feat for programmers but you wouldn't know that until you tried to create a web site yourself.

Why, exactly is the MOA Marketplace not using a simple, forum based flea market?

Because of all the complaints about the last one. This marketplace is still forum based and you can view the items that way instead of using the Panjo plug in if you prefer. Just go to this link and browse the threads.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdisplay.php?109-Member-Marketplace

My experience with Panjo is once in a while when I click the flea market link it times out and does not load but if I click it again it loads fine. This does not happen often for me but a refresh of the page fixes it almost every time. There are lots of variables that would affect this timeout on the user end including the local environment (user's machine specs and internet connection speeds for example). The biggest difference with the initial load of the Panjo plug in is the graphics of the 24 pictures for the items on the first page.

Last edited:
difference between panjo and member marketplace forum?

Probably this has already been explained somewhere (but not obvious enough for me to find...), but this panjo thing and the member marketplace are just two views of exactly the same list of items? Or does panjo include items from elsewhere, and/or show 'our' (BMW MOA) items to other people?

Probably this has already been explained somewhere (but not obvious enough for me to find...), but this panjo thing and the member marketplace are just two views of exactly the same list of items? Or does panjo include items from elsewhere, and/or show 'our' (BMW MOA) items to other people?

The way I understand it, the actual flea market (Panjo Marketplace) is accessed through the link at the top of the page. That is where a person will enter their ad, buy something, etc. When the ad is generated in the marketplace, a separate listing is created further down inside the forum. If you'll notice, when in the marketplace and looking at an ad, there is a link to "see what people are saying about this item"...that takes you to the in-forum discussion area. But entering an ad in the in-forum area does not automatically create a full ad in the marketplace. Does that make sense? One should be using the marketplace link at the top of the page to view, sort, buy, sell, etc.

The MOA marketplace is visible to anyone. You can see that if you logout of the forum or visit the forum on someone else's computer, you can still click on the Flea Market link which takes you to the ads in the marketplace. So, at this point, it is open to the entire internet.

The MOA marketplace is visible to anyone. You can see that if you logout of the forum or visit the forum on someone else's computer, you can still click on the Flea Market link which takes you to the ads in the marketplace. So, at this point, it is open to the entire internet.

Somehow I missed that bit of information. In the past when I sold items in the fleamarket, I liked the fact I was only dealing with MOA members.

Back