• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aftermarket TPMS for Sidecar

Norwood

That road looks good!
I have the Orange TPMS for my two wheel bike...Really like it...three years use with no issues... both PSI and Temperature reading and monitoring.
I like that the sensors mount inside the rim. I like the ability to use "Ride-ON sealant" without issue.

Now, I am adding a Sidecar....I see that my choices are limited and Orange only makes two and four wheel units.

I see Doran my second choice... I lose the Temp monitor.....I like that it can mount inside the rim.

What do you use for TPMS for your Sidecar or trike. (I know I have an hand air gauge also) but was thinking of the Orange Car (4 wheel) unit with same features, but only using three sensors. I called Tech support with Orange and quick answer from lady that answered phone...was Oh, it for four wheels, I would not recommend that....

I can't see a problem with using only three sensors with a four sensor unit... unless the monitor is not waterproof or the circuit board would be confused....

Any thoughts or ideas on this after market TPMS for three wheels?

Buy the 4-sensor kit and mount RF and RR sensors in S/C wheel? šŸ˜±
I've never seen a 3-sensor kit.

Best,

DG

Buy the 4-sensor kit and mount RF and RR sensors in S/C wheel? šŸ˜±
I've never seen a 3-sensor kit.

Best,

DG

Or put the RF sensor in the spare, if you carry one. Pretty limited market for 3 wheelers, doubt you'll find a kit.

Doran TPMS for Sidecar

I have the Doran set up installed on my K100RS w/ EML GT2 sidecar. The units work well. The handlebar mounted display has never had a problem with weather. It is not in a weather-proof container or anything. Just mounted to the handle bar and ridden. Rain or shine no issues.

Keep in mind the Doran units do not have replaceable batteries. So after a couple of years you have to replace them. They charged me $25 each for new ones when it was time to change them last time.

I have the Doran set up installed on my K100RS w/ EML GT2 sidecar. The units work well. The handlebar mounted display has never had a problem with weather. It is not in a weather-proof container or anything. Just mounted to the handle bar and ridden. Rain or shine no issues.

Keep in mind the Doran units do not have replaceable batteries. So after a couple of years you have to replace them. They charged me $25 each for new ones when it was time to change them last time.

Thanks for the info... do you go with inside the rim or outside.... thoughts on that?

Mine are mounted inside the tire. The metal valve stems that are angled at 90 degrees are handy as well. They were provided by Doran as part of the kit. Does make tire replacement a bit more challenging. You have to make sure the tire changer is aware of the sensors inside the rims before they start to pull the tire.

Back