• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 R1200 RT Steering Head Cap

jlevee

Geek
I have an issue where the BMW logo/90 year badge that acts as the steering head cap on my bike just does not want to stay in place.
It popped up once and I got it back in and it stayed for some time, but now it is down/in place but just does not want to stay there (vibrates, rotates & moves around) and comes up easily.

I know the rubber gasket is supposed to hold it in place, but it does not create enough friction to do so. Is there any recommended sealer or adhesive I could use that would keep it in place but not make it impossible to remove when times comes that it needs to be removed?

I have ordered a new ORing in hops that maybe due to the heat of living in a detached garage in AZ heat that will solve it, but in case it does not suggestions are appreciated.

2014-06-20 15.24.15.jpg

Look for a friendly auto parts store. 3M Trim Adhesive. That will hold it in.. and it will probably still be removable if needed..

That 3M Trim Adhesive is good stuff. Have used it to recently to repair loose trim on an K1200RS. Much better than black silicone which someone had previously used in a futile attempt..

+1 on 3M Adhesive (or weatherstrip) adhesive. Great stuff. Careful with it - the solvent in it can do damage and a little goes a long way. If you get it on your fingers you will be picking it off for hours. :)

pete

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Back