• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

CB 750 on ebay

Sad how you follow me from site to site to step on my posts.

It was meant to be humorous Marty. Sorry I made you sad...didn't realize I was "targeting" you....I'll no longer comment on your post(s). But do tell me what other site...I only post on this one?

What is significant, I think, is not that it is a Honda, or a CB750, but that it is the sole remaining pre-production prototype of an iconic motorcycle. I wonder what a lone pre-production R75/5 or R90S might bring if there was only one of them in the world?

Don't have the coin for such items, but, those who have the means see what the dollar is worth today and sinking a few bucks into items that have strange but real value is a way of parking some cash while enjoying the ownership.

Often have wondered what a billionaire does with billions of dollars. Maybe buy a team or two. For people who like mechanical stuff it's bikes, cars, boats and planes, they buy'm. All of which retain some value and if things get squared around economically, maybe go up.

Awhile back no one thought a piece of fine art could exceed a paltry million dollars, but today a million is chump change. Life's too short to think about collecting what any of us today can pick up for a few bucks, throw a leg over, God willing, and have a hoot. Bet my Beemer could give that CB a run for its money down the road. So, time to start buttoning up those airheads my friends, the weather seems to be responding to the decreasing declination of the sun's rays.

I sometimes wonder the level of net worth I'd need before spending at this level for a garage topic. Imagine I'd have the right amount when I no longer needed to ask that question.

I sometimes wonder the level of net worth I'd need before spending at this level for a garage topic.

Interesting point. I've always questioned the motives of those who spend inordinate amounts of money on items which will just sit - be they automotive, motorcyclive, or otherwise. I trust that their contributions to worthy charities matches their largesse when it comes to "things".

Just my opinion.

Win the 649 (tax free, take note American lotteries), and make plans to attend lots of auctions. After, of course, you build a massive new complex on fifty acres somewhere, incognito, with the motor garage half buried in a climate controlled pre-stressed concrete environmentally friendly bunker, blended into the natural landscape unidentifiable by drones or the mapping guys. "Move along, there's nothing here to see." Dreaming on, where's that 11mm spanner?

Auctions

Win the 649 (tax free, take note American lotteries), and make plans to attend lots of auctions. After, of course, you build a massive new complex on fifty acres somewhere, incognito, with the motor garage half buried in a climate controlled pre-stressed concrete environmentally friendly bunker, blended into the natural landscape unidentifiable by drones or the mapping guys. "Move along, there's nothing here to see." Dreaming on, where's that 11mm spanner?
There is no more clear view of what an item( any item ) is worth more than an open auction.I once upon a time owned a 1972 CB 750 that I bought used for $2100.00.I had to sell my !969 Triumph Boneyville to swing the deal.Probably not my finest move.I had the pleasure of attending the Barrett/Jackson auction some years ago and was amazed to watch an incredible cross section of American collectors bid on an incredible array of American Muscle Cars with the auction high of 3 million.What people spend there money on is their business.Some day I'M going to buy that Boneyville back,and the CB 750 too!

Back