• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where to get an r80g/s seat

Thanks Kurt, still thinking it may be something to do with the fact I have not been active moa member in the past couple years.

Active or not, it shouldn't really matter. The FM is a different animal, so that has to be the issue.

OK, just talked to the office. First, the Flea Market is actively being updated with new features and restrictions, so things may be different in the near future.

Second, I can't tell who is a paid-up member versus a member versus a guest. If you are not a paid-up member, then you won't be able to see certain features and also won't be able to put up new ads in the Flea Market. The office was going to create some kind of banner for the Flea Market so that, depending on your membership status, it will tell you that you must be a member yada yada and if you want to renew your membership, click here, etc.

So a lot of the issues are associated with old members but not active members. That was news to me.

OK, just talked to the office. First, the Flea Market is actively being updated with new features and restrictions, so things may be different in the near future.

Second, I can't tell who is a paid-up member versus a member versus a guest. If you are not a paid-up member, then you won't be able to see certain features and also won't be able to put up new ads in the Flea Market. The office was going to create some kind of banner for the Flea Market so that, depending on your membership status, it will tell you that you must be a member yada yada and if you want to renew your membership, click here, etc.

So a lot of the issues are associated with old members but not active members. That was news to me.

Kurt,
Thanks for digging into it. If what you say is true it is a real shame that forum members need to be paid members to post ads in a seperate part of MOAs site. I never renewed because I never got much from the membership, the magazine had little that interested me as I own an 81 bike. There are a few things that they could do...but most of my suggestions have fallen on deaf ears in the past....but that's a subject for another post in another section.

It's too bad that the forum cannot have a FM of it's own like 99% of other forums

Back