• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Wethead

That's a terrible photo Darrell.

Oh no, not about the bike, that's a great shot of the bike.

Where you blew it was the Rivertowne BBQ. Been there a couple times and now I'm aching to get some more of their great BBQ - slurp! I'll be lickin' my chops all day now! :D

85 K100RS 204,000 miles yesterday

It's no longer my year round every day bike but it's great. My modern '13 R1200GS Liquid Cooled has a burnt up, first year stator and I will replace it with the updated, mid 2014 and up stator this month. The GS has double the rear axle travel. Great for two up touring and camping and for bad roads.

The only big work I've done to my K100RS was a water oil pump upgrade. Sprag starter clutch parts replacement and the big one. the 12 rivet "bull" gear upgrade. All done by me. One day, two days and three days of work for those problems. Guessing the GS Stator will be 4 or fewer days..

Attachments

• IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 284
My modern '13 R1200GS Liquid Cooled has a burnt up, first year stator and I will replace it with the updated, mid 2014 and up stator this month.
Hmmm, I have an early 2014 GSA. 37,000 miles. Think I should replace the stator?
What are the symptoms?

Our New 2023 R1250RT BMW Racing Blue Metallic

After a 2 plus year hiatus due to Wanda being diagnosed with CNS Lymphoma, going through a Stem Cell Transplant and in the middle of the SCT 12 days in Banner UMC with Covid...here we are!

This is only our second R bike. Our first was a 2016 R1200RS in Blue and White. It was a bit too buzzy for Wanda on the back.

We were concerned that the RT would be the same...but...Wanda is enjoying the ride and so am I.

It's nice to be "back in the saddle again!"

Attachments

• Deryle & Wanda New R1250RT.jpg
    Deryle & Wanda New R1250RT.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 237
That's awesome news Deryle. Really pleased that you and Wanda can enjoy some riding time again.

Stay safe, stay in touch.

Thanks!

Steve and Paul,

Thanks for the good vibes.

We'll have close to 2,000 miles on her by the end of the week.

The Blue Lady is a very competent machine that does everything well.

The feeling of being part of the Marque's heritage, riding a BMW Boxer RT, is definitely part of the alure.

Ride safe...

Deryle & Wanda Mehrten
Sierra Vista, AZ

Congratulations, Deryle and Wanda!

That’s a really nice bike. Wishing the two of you lots of miles and fun for the future!

Best,
DeVern

Back