• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Need help for a friend in NorCal On 94 1100 RS

moralem

A friend has been making her way from Texas to Seattle and is heading up towards Red Bluff, Ca. She has a front fender that lost a bolt and has taken it off completly and has a leaking front fork seal. She is riding a 94 1100rs. She is minimally equipped and zip ties were not cutting it on the front fender. I am trying to pin down her exact location in the event anyone can help. She was last in Folsom about an hour ago but is in Sacramento for the evening and will be heading out early tomorrow for Red Bluff by way of Chico. Anybody out their that can help her reattach the front fender? Thanks.

Why doesn't she just ride home without it and repair it when she gets home?
Obviously it's not inhibiting her riding the bike.

Ken

She can but she was hoping to not have to lug it around strapped to her luggage for the next 700 plus miles......just hoping somebody might have a spare bolt or two lying around that could help out. She made it from DFW without any other major issues on the bike with over 100000 miles on the bike. She returned to the states from London to make this trip to spread her father's ashes across the west and we were lucky to find this one owner bike for her to make the trip on.

With a story like that, I would hope that a local BMW dealer would step up and fix it for her!

Or any generic hardware store, or even any store that sells zip ties. Also, if it's off, she could zip tie it to the bars, rather than the luggage.
As to the fork seal, that is a take it apart job, and would require a real shop.
Don't you have the anonymous book? There are quite a few other BMW forums as well, and the ubiquitous advrider.
dc

Or any generic hardware store, or even any store that sells zip ties. Also, if it's off, she could zip tie it to the bars, rather than the luggage.
As to the fork seal, that is a take it apart job, and would require a real shop.
Don't you have the anonymous book? There are quite a few other BMW forums as well, and the ubiquitous advrider.
dc[/QUOTE

She as zip ties keeping but that did not work. I will suggest zip tying to the bars to keep them out of the way. And don't let me get started on the Annonymoys book:) Like the ON magazine it is somewhere in the mail I suppose making its way to me.

http://ozziesbmwcenter.com/ in in Chico. I'm sure they can help.

Thanks for this lead. I have provided her with the phone number. She just might hang around Red Bluff a day longer and try to get the bike sorted out before she has to get back on pace. She has to make her way to Seattle by a certain day to catch her plane home to London and try to sell the bike too in the few short days that she will be there.

Dealers are at medfort ,eugene and portland oregon areas. Also fife and seattle wasington . I have been to all of them. All are closed on mondays.:thumb:thumb

Back