• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New GSA Owner in NJ

RoadRdr

I picked up my 2012 GS Adventure in Alpine White 2 weeks ago after nearly 4 years of trying to decide on my next new bike. I usually keep a couple bikes at a time. My previous primary motorcycle was a 2002 Honda ST1100. It took me ten years to decide it was time for something new and then to figure out what the new bike should be.

So far, I'm very satisfied with the GSA. Everything except the seat. I've just passed 1,000 miles on the bike but I'm currently making arrangements for a custom seat. My wife and I have already taken a 3 day short trip on it to the Wellsboro, Pa. area. I'm convinced this bike will work out well for us.

I do motorcycle related "stuff" pretty much full-time. I'm finding the GSA to be a very precise bike. I'm looking forward to becoming much more familiar with the BMW.

Welcome, Tom! Those GSAs are pretty impressive bikes. I hope the "becoming familiar" part doesn't take as long as the decision part!! Have fun.

Welcome Tom. My wife and I just got home from the MOA Rally in Sedalia, MO. Rode my GSA down and back. Already making plans to attend next year's rally in Salem, Oregon. If you can swing it, I highly recommend you try to attend. July 18 - 20th. Would be a great ride on the GSA.

Thank you for the welcomes. It won't take me long to some real miles on it. I've set today aside to install some of the accessories that have arrived so far. I've got the additional powerlet outlet for the left front panel, the BMW Zumo 660 GPS that was part of the purchasing incentive, and my Kaoko throttle lock is "out for delivery" according to UPS.

My wife has decided the back padding in her riding jacket isn't sufficient so I'm ordering the BMW back rest pads for the top box (I haven't seen any other options) and sorting out the tank bag options. I'm leaning toward the one that mounts to an electrified ring on the gas cap.

The only thing holding me back from setting out for a long road trip is the seat. I'm getting that issue sorted out.

If you spot a white GSA with NJ license plate that says RIDE that'll be me.

Thanks again for the welcomes.

Hello Tom,

It was nice meeting you at Montgomery Cycles last week.

I don't know if you caught it but when Pete was showing your his bags and such the guys from corporate came out to check the tent.

I bet a memo will work its way up and down the chain about having other marque's too close to the tent. :)

Best of luck with the new bike.

Rob,
I'm sorry if I caused an issue. I didn't realize they were corporate. Thanks again for all the good information. I also checked out the minuteman info.
It was nice meeting you and Pete.
Tom

Rob,
I'm sorry if I caused an issue. I didn't realize they were corporate. Thanks again for all the good information. I also checked out the minuteman info.
It was nice meeting you and Pete.
Tom

You didn't. After all it wasn't your bike that was parked front and center.

Thankfully it wasn't mine either.

Welcome, Tom! :wave

Congrats on your new bike! I agree with your seat concerns and the first thing I did was order a Rick Mayer. I'm good for the long haul now.

Where in SJ are you? Check out the Mid Atlantic Riders (MARs) when you have a chance. You may also want to check out the GS Giants.

MARs

http://GS-Giants.com

I'm in Burlington County. I'm currently working Baldwin Saddles to build a custom seat for my GSA. I have one of his seats on my VStrom 1000 and was very pleased with it. I wrote a review of it that was published in Motorcycle Consumer News, March 2012. For me, the custom seat made it enjoyable to spend all day riding the Vee.

I'll check out those club sites. Thanks. I welcome the opportunity to meet riders and gain some insight on BMW ownership. I've lost track of how many motorcycles I've owned but this is my first BMW.

welcome

Hi Tom,

As Tracy said we have a thriving group of BMW (and other brands) club over here in DE. If your new seat is ready or not I'd like to invite you to our monthly gathering Saturday August 11th. We will be meeting in southern DE for a meal and ride. Either for a late breakfast or lunch with a ride around the mid Delmarva possibly including a swimming hole if the leader can arrange it. Otherwise we will be together again September 8 in western chester co for a gathering at a members home/ranch.

We have many GS riders and a lot more street adventures in the group who love to get lost and find new ways home. Love to have you join us.

Any questions please check out our website at www.midatlanticriders.com and or feel free to contact me. Info on the website.

Tom Clemow
MARs President

Tom,
Thanks for the invitation. I'm hoping to have my seat sent out and returned by the 11th so maybe I can make the ride south to help break it in. I didn't see the location on the website. It stops at the July events.

Tom

Back