• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seat colors on 2012 G650GS

bigdelta

The white bike has an orange & black seat and the orange bike has a gray & black seat! Both those combinations look awful IMO.I asked 3 different dealers if a switch was possible and they all responded "That's how they come"! Yeah,I get it,that's how they come.But I asked if it is possible to get the seat THAT ACTUALLY MATCHES the color of the bike and of course,no.Called BMWNA to voice my dissatisfaction at a simple solution to no avail.:nonoAll 3 dealers said I could purchase any number of aftermarket seats! REALLY?
To me,the orange/black seat looks much better on an orange bike and the gray/black seat looks much better on the white bike.:doh
Rant over!

All the 2012 G650GS's on the Max BMW website show the gray/black seats on both the white and orange bikes, plus the Sertao Edition. Perhaps give them a call. I've always had good luck with the sales staff in the Troy, NY store.

The white bike has an orange & black seat and the orange bike has a gray & black seat! Both those combinations look awful IMO.I asked 3 different dealers if a switch was possible and they all responded "That's how they come"! Yeah,I get it,that's how they come.But I asked if it is possible to get the seat THAT ACTUALLY MATCHES the color of the bike and of course,no.Called BMWNA to voice my dissatisfaction at a simple solution to no avail.:nonoAll 3 dealers said I could purchase any number of aftermarket seats! REALLY?
To me,the orange/black seat looks much better on an orange bike and the gray/black seat looks much better on the white bike.:doh
Rant over!

You surely must realize that BMW knows far more about style and fashion than some miserable malcontent customer.

LOL-you'd think I would know that after owning them since Day One!:banghead
Thanks Ace.
(Ace,we know each other from the ADV site also)

You surely must realize that BMW knows far more about style and fashion than some miserable malcontent customer.

Last edited:
I was using the BMW website and 3 dealers for reference.And BMWNA of course.
I bought my 1st (and only) used 12GS from Max about 5 years ago and only have positives from that transaction.I even dealt with Max himself on an issue after purchase.The entire transaction,buying and followup,was done over the phone.I will call them and thanks for the reminder.

All the 2012 G650GS's on the Max BMW website show the gray/black seats on both the white and orange bikes, plus the Sertao Edition. Perhaps give them a call. I've always had good luck with the sales staff in the Troy, NY store.

US bikes for 2011 and 2012 only have black/gray seat even if a BMW website show otherwise.South America ,Europe and Australia get the red/black seat.

It make rare to find a red seat bike in US.
And here it is:

650GSinlivingroom.jpg

2012-04-19120900.jpg

2012-04-20193626.jpg

Looks good, but I think I would switch them and use the black/red seat on the white bike instead. I'm really diggin' the '12 G650. There's definitely something to be said about a light, (relatively) simple bike.

That is EXACTLY what I am talking about The orange seat on the orange bike and the gray/black seat on the white bike.THANK YOU!:brad :dance
Thanks for sharing.:thumb

US bikes for 2011 and 2012 only have black/gray seat even if a BMW website show otherwise.South America ,Europe and Australia get the red/black seat.

It make rare to find a red seat bike in US.
And here it is:

650GSinlivingroom.jpg

2012-04-19120900.jpg

2012-04-20193626.jpg

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
That is the way BMW has them.:banghead

Looks good, but I think I would switch them and use the black/red seat on the white bike instead. I'm really diggin' the '12 G650. There's definitely something to be said about a light, (relatively) simple bike.

The color of my seat is the least of my problems. The bike's been in the shop so much I don't even remember what color it is!

BTW: I love the pic of the bike parked in the livingroom!

Sorry to hear of the problems.
One upside to being single is we can park our bike(s) in whatever room we want!:dance

The color of my seat is the least of my problems. The bike's been in the shop so much I don't even remember what color it is!

BTW: I love the pic of the bike parked in the livingroom!

Back