• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tour Master Winter Elite II-Recommended

lionheart33

I recently purchase a pair of Tour Master Winter elite II gloves. I purchased them from Revzilla their service was excellent. I posted my thought on the glove on their website, and I will share my comments here:

"I took a ride the first morning after getting the gloves, it ranged from 33 to 35 degrees. My BMW 1200RT has heated grips and good wind protection, my hands stayed warm - even at highway speeds. I could have rode all day without worry about cold hands. I am confident I could ride in single digit temperatures for short periods of time with these gloves on my RT. Wind does not penetrate the glove. With the heated grips set high, my hands got too warm. I put my gloves on last and starting out my hand were cold, but after a few minutes my hands were warm in the glove. Warmth from heated grips seem to circulate through the glove and too my finger tips.
No doubt these are big and thick gloves. The fingers are pre-curved and the articulation points built into the gloves make finger movement pretty easy. I had no issues operating the controls. The leather is soft and supple. I love the style and look of the gloves. These gloves seem to be built to last and I look forward to many years of use out of them. I thought about heated gloves, but I have no regrets with these - given heated grips and good wind protection from my bike."

I have not used the gloves in the rain yet, but they pass the kitchen sink test for being water resistant. In addition to the water resistance of the glove there is also a built in nylon water proof cover for the glove that stores in a zipped pocket. At about 50 degrees the glove is too warm for me.

I've had the original version of these for 7 or 8 years, my favorite winter gloves, by far (including heated gloves from 3 different suppliers). I bought a second pair of the Winter Elite a few years ago, just in case they got discontinued. Good thing too, the II's cost $45 more than the originals.

I've had the original version of these for 7 or 8 years, my favorite winter gloves, by far (including heated gloves from 3 different suppliers). I bought a second pair of the Winter Elite a few years ago, just in case they got discontinued. Good thing too, the II's cost $45 more than the originals.

Good to hear they will last. I went with the II's because they said they are made so the liner won't start pulling out with my hand. I had a pair of gloves that starting doing that after about a year, I felt it was money wasted - I eventually cut the liner out. With these gloves or the previous version it seems you get a good glove with a lot of features for the money.

I don't have the liner problem with the originals, but do with plenty of other gloves.

Back