• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RT Mirror

BWOLF

Has anyone seen or tried the Wunderlich Mirror for the RT? This is the one that comes with adapters for 2010 and newer. It retracts and folds. I have included a photos. Any feedback other than they are not cheap!

Attachments

• mirror2 (Small).jpg
    mirror2 (Small).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 226
Has anyone seen or tried the Wunderlich Mirror for the RT? This is the one that comes with adapters for 2010 and newer. It retracts and folds. I have included a photos. Any feedback other than they are not cheap!

I have just installed them on my 2011 RT but I have yet to try them out, been too busy installing stuff (HID Conversion, Wunderlish GPS Bracket + Touratech Locking mount for Zumo 660, Skeene P3+TS, Fuze Box, prepared extra wiring for Nautilus Horn & extra driving light.

Just a note for now, you need 2 Adapter part # 4600055 at $31.00 each to install extra mirrors on the RT.

I will try them later this week (Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, my schedule 1,000Km service is due and my dealer expect me ths Thursday).

Will post my experience with them then :dance

While those are pretty neat, I installed F800GS mirrors on my 2011 R12RT. Bob's has kits. Install is about 5 minutes.

I looked at those and they are less expensive for sure. I like the fact that these fold and slide in and out and can be mounted on a 90 degree angle. I am ok with spending a bit more if it is worth it.

Do you have a photo you can send or post? What are your thoughts so far?

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/frenchnew/?action=view&current=R1200RTAddedMirrors.jpg

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/frenchnew/?action=view&current=R1200RTAddedMirrors1.jpg

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...?action=view&current=R1200RTAddedMirrors2.jpg

I like the mirors as it reduces the blind spots by allowing you to adjust the mirrors to complement each other.

The mirrors does vibrate a bit on the handlebar as you ride but which handlebar mirror does not vibrate.

French....you reply doesnt make sence...you say "The mirrors does vibrate a bit on the handlebar as you ride but which handlebar mirror does not vibrate."

Explain....

Handlebar's mounted mirrors get the road imperfection transmitted to them.

I did not sample lots of motorcycles in my life but all of them transmitted the road bumps and dips to the mirrors mounted on the handlebars.

Back