• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2 up packing gear!!!

Hey snookers

I don't know if i am "reading" your picture correctly or not, but if you are using only a bungy net to keep your dry bags on the saddle bags; i would seriously consider re-thinking that strategy. There are lots of horror stories of those giving up the ghost on a lonely highway, with some time really BAD results......

sorry for the run-on sentence.

s

I don't know if i am "reading" your picture correctly or not, ...................................lots of horror stories of those giving up the ghost on a lonely highway, with some time really BAD results......

No, you are reading the photo correctly. I used bungee cargo nets which had six attached hooks for attaching the bags to the sidecases. The weight of the drybags is entirley on top of the sidecases. The bungee netting is attached to "D" rings which are screwed/mounted on the sidecase as well as hooking onto the rear case framework. The bags never wavered, even at eighty mph, the windflow I imagine was directed around them by the front fairing and ourselves on the bike. Perhaps we were just fortunate we had no mishaps but this setup worked wonders for us, but as I stated in my previous post, we will be pulling a Bushtec trailer from now on.

Here's a pic of my new sled that'l be in tow .......... :rocker

trailer2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back