• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Thx, Ranger. I'm just rolling around the country in my own little world. Seems their neat stuff everywhere you look. Hope to attend the National and meet you and all the other regular posters and actually have an old fashion conversation in person. Just like in the old days.

Thx, Ranger. I'm just rolling around the country in my own little world. Seems their neat stuff everywhere you look. Hope to attend the National and meet you and all the other regular posters and actually have an old fashion conversation in person. Just like in the old days.

Me too Barry. Me too...

Machine Shops

View attachment 57015
Picture 395.jpg
Rockford, Ill. and Burlington, Iowa. Picked up and delivered stuff to these shops. Brought back memories. Worked in quite a few. It takes a certain kind of person to do this kind of work. My hats off to you if you do this for a living.

Attachments

• Picture 401.jpg
    Picture 401.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Picture 396.jpg
    Picture 396.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 180
More Machine Pics

Picture 404.jpg
Picture 402.jpg
Told these folks I use to do this for a living. Building custom machines. They said get your tools and clock in tomorrow, you gotta job. There's work out there and available if you got the skills. :thumb

BMW's on the Road

Was sitting at the Highway 34 Truckstop in Burlington, Iowa. Mostly bored waiting for a load. Been seeing bikes pass in all directions, North, South, East, West. You could here them coming and going. Loud Harley V Twins. Happen to look at my rear view mirror and see a BMW at the 4-way stop; watched it pull pull in for fuel. What the hech, I got out to check it out. Guy was on a K1600. Told him when BMW comes out with a straight 8, I'm buying in. Got a laugh out of him. He fueled up and moved his bike over to get air for the tires. I carried his helmet over. He had sold his place in Chicago and was headed for Seatle.
Picture 398.jpg
Picture 399.jpg
Picture 400.jpg
Nice Guy. For me anything the break the monotony of the road. Wished I had a bike and ready to head west. Oh well.

Highway 34 Truckstop/ Burlington, Iowa

That truck stop was kind of a hardscrabble fuel station. I decided to hang in to try and get a load locally. Temp's were running about 95'; was sitting in the truck listening to my favorite talk radio. One of the ladies working there came over to the van. 'We're worried about you out in this hot weather, plez come inside, it's airconditioned.' I was kinda embarrassed, here I was thinking what a sadsack place this was, but the people here were concerned about me. I went on in. That evening they came out and said they had some dinners left over and invited me in to get my choice, free. I selected the chicken dinner. It was pretty good. The next mourning I gotta a load. Before I left, I went in and thanked them again. It really makes you feel good to meet good people all over the country. Thx,Ya'll are the best. :thumb

Well it paid off sitting in Burlington, Iowa; gotta load from Keokuk to St. Martinville, La.. Yea, fresh seafood and Cajun fare. Got the load delivered and went to Landry's for seafood. Pretty good. With the seafood deal taken care of, off to BMW of Baton Rouge to see what's on the floor. Walked in and seen Clark King the sales manager. Clark remembers me going back to the Hebert' BMW days a few years back

Attachments

• Picture 407.jpg
    Picture 407.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 176
Moto Guzzi V7

Picture 413.jpg
Picture 414.jpg
A customer ordered this bike with all the add ons. Not able to ride it. Somebody who can will get one cool bike.

Nick's Bar-B-Q & Catfish Restaurant

When I was down in Baton Rouge, got the call that a family member had passed away. Went home, then on to the funeral. On the way back home from the funeral, I stopped at one of my favorite restaurants. Nick's in Carlisle, Ar.. just off I-40 at exit 183 on Ar. Highway 13. I go for the catfish dinner. I here the BBQ is good, too. It's about 30 miles east of Little Rock.
Picture 418.jpg
Picture 419.jpg
Picture 417.jpg
1012 N. Bankhead Dr. Carlisle, Ar. 72024 870-552-3887 South of I-40
Yes, I know a beef cow sign at a catfish/BBQ joint. I ain't got a clue.

MickyD's-Lebabo, Mo.

Picture 420.jpg
Saw this outfit sitting outside in the parking lot. Good to see BMW's out and about getting used and ridden.
Picture 421.jpg
Saw the owner load up and heading out from inside.

Got the load delivered Friday mourning, Waited for a new freight load, nothing. Took off Sat. this mourning and headed over to Bentonville BMW in Arkansas. Allways neat stuff to see there.

Back