• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Now, scooters?

boxermaf

So if BMW goes ahead with production of their new scooter with a front end that looks like the S1000R, would the BMWMOA open its arms to include these BMW owners? Does this mean we would have to wave at scooter riders now?

;-)

I fully realize that the unveiling of a concept vehicle can be years ahead of production (if it even makes it to production), but I was wondering what the "climate" would be among the group?

Interesting question. The name of the organization is "BMW Motorcycle Owners of America", so, technically, that doesn't include scooters.

As for me, personally, I tend to be more of an inclusive type, as opposed to exclusive. I wave at scooters now just as much as motorcycles, although I'm not too consistent about waving at all.

As a matter of fact, I think I have more in common with the average scooter rider than I do with the average loud cruiser-riding, tattooed, no gear, biker with black leather and club (outlaw or otherwise) "colors".

Hey all: If you define Motorcycle as a powered two wheeled form of transportation, how can you not? Some of the "mega scooters" are big enough and have the "legs" to be used for touring, and it's not unusual to see them thousands of miles from home. Go ahead, wave at them, it won't hurt one bit. After all, Isn't it more important WHY your riding then WHAT your riding? Vaya con Dios,Dutch

Heck yeah!

If they produce that thing, I'll probably buy my wife one... I bet it will be pretty fun to ride.

Absolutely they should be included. BMW is doing a great job with the new models that they have been coming out with for the past few years.

Heck yeah!

If they produce that thing, I'll probably buy my wife one... I bet it will be pretty fun to ride.

I keep getting shorter and weaker as I age. I can see me riding one of them in the future. My first ride was a scooter and my last on might also be one.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will make it's way to Canada. Now which color to chose.

Call me odd but I find the scooter much more interesting then their K16 line.

Two wheels - Motor - Wave.

Welcome scooters

I was reaching up to open my visor and a cop waved at me but I digress.
Remember when the argument was about 2 cylinders vs 4 or 3 and what defined a REAL BMW. The two wheel definition doesn't work either. I say the more the merrier. You can get more scooters on a trailer it might up attendance, oh wait that's that other group of riders...

We may even get riders back into the fold as they've had to give up larger, heavier bikes. A scooter may just be what the brand needs to attract a new "older" generation of riders.

Scooters Yes

Maybe we'll get more members who look like the models in the pics from the Milan show. Imagine the uptick in attendence at the rally!

Scooters

from a sales point good, but realy i don't like scooters remember the ones with the full protection (BMW europe only) roof and so on also a scooter=bike :doh
I guess iam old school

I've had more cops wave back than scooter riders.

I don't think I'd buy the proposed scooter, even when I get to the point when I can't throw a leg over my other bikes. Uninspiring is how I'd describe it.

I'm not a fair judge, I wave at everyone. :wave

AMEN! BTW, it's not BMW's first scooter... Remember the C1? What's wrong with scooters? Everyone loves to ride them whether they admit it or not. :german

Back