• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Like we need another sub forum

Oy!

Time for a name the Scooter forum poll!

Just kidding :bolt

Ps: But if there was, I'd vote for Scooter Trash.

Last edited:
Future is the key word here. While this scooter has been rumored for some time it is still a concept. BMW's last scooter never made it to these shores. This one is going to fall in the mega scooter class (over 500cc) so it may stand a chance the previous one did not.

Future is the key word here. While this scooter has been rumored for some time it is still a concept. BMW's last scooter never made it to these shores. This one is going to fall in the mega scooter class (over 500cc) so it may stand a chance the previous one did not.

If I recall the C1 was a 125 or 250 cc scooter with a roof and seatbelts. They were smart not to try to sell that in the land of the Rocket III, Boss Hoss, etc.

I was just (a few minutes ago) asked what I thought of this concept. My response: If they introduced it in 2012 or 2013, by 2015 I would be 70 years old and could buy a 2 or 3 year old one if I had trouble getting my leg up/over a conventional motorcycle. If it took a scooter to keep me on two wheels instead of three or four I would ride it with pride.

You are correct the C1 was undersized for this market in general. I had a chance to ride one very briefly on my last trip to London - what a blast.

2012/13 it could show up in the US. If it is an 800cc as some rumor or even a 650 I can see it selling here. With the fairing and an engine that size it could well fill the role of a daily rider and occassional touring ride for many.

If I recall the C1 was a 125 or 250 cc scooter with a roof and seatbelts. They were smart not to try to sell that in the land of the Rocket III, Boss Hoss, etc.

I was just (a few minutes ago) asked what I thought of this concept. My response: If they introduced it in 2012 or 2013, by 2015 I would be 70 years old and could buy a 2 or 3 year old one if I had trouble getting my leg up/over a conventional motorcycle. If it took a scooter to keep me on two wheels instead of three or four I would ride it with pride.

That's kinda my feelings towards scooters. When I cannot lift my leg over the bike, I will get a scooter. And when I can no longer balance on 2 wheels, I'll get a Can-Am Spyder.

FWIW, I like the blue trim on the tires of that concept scoot.

My wife once thought she wanted a scooter. I test rode a Suzuki Burgman 400 for her. It had a lot of power and handled well. I ended up buying her a Trike though...

That is exactly what I'm going to need in a few more years. Sure hope it comes to Canada.

Holly

Back