• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Airshell Jacket Zipper?

samuelh

Hi,

I just got a new BMW Airshell jacket. I've had it about a week. Over the last couple of days, I've been having a problem with the zipper. I zip up the jacket, and while I am riding, the zipper opens towards the bottom of the jacket.

Anyone else have a similar problem with a BMW jacket?

SH

I purchased an Airflow 3 jacket in late April. First time I used it I had the same thing happen. I sent it back to the Orlando BMW. I am awaiting their response.

I purchased an Airflow 3 jacket in late April. First time I used it I had the same thing happen. I sent it back to the Orlando BMW. I am awaiting their response.

I have owned an Airshell since last year. Used numerous times with no issues. As luck would have it, after a 250 mile ride yesterday I noticed that the bottom of the zipper was undone. This is the first time this has happened. The jacket was on and off at two other stops on this ride with no problems.

This is a little disconcerting because I wouldn't want the zipper to blow when it is really needed. I went to the closet this morning to take a closer look at the zipper and as much as I tried to tug and pull, I could not get the zipper to separate. However, it is a small toothed zipper; much smaller than my other jackets.

I would be interested to know what happens with your return. Please keep us updated.

Zipper repair

The parts manager emailed me to inform me that my jacket was sent out for repair. I should have it back in two weeks. I will provide you with feedback once I have it back

Airshell Jacket Zipper

Today I received my repaired Airflow 3 jacket. Orlando BMW sent the jacket to Rainy Pass Repair in Seattle WA. They installed a new zipper that is more robust than the original. It matches in color as well.

The repair appears excellent. I won't be able to verify until I get some riding time.

I have to comment on the wonderful service I received from Wally (the parts manager) at Orlando BMW.

BMW Jacket Zipper Repair

+1 on Rainy Pass in Seattle.

I sent my BMW Savannah jacket to them, after the zipper pull tab on that jacket broke off. Rainy Pass installed a more "robust" zipper on the jacket.

They do great work!

I'll have to watch mine

I just bought the jacket this a.m. from BMW Daytona. I did a brief ride today, and no issue, I'll keep my eye on it for sure. Thanks for the heads-up and repair solution.

I have had a similar issue on a Air3 jacket. I found after the first week of the zipper opening from the bottom that you need to really snug down the joining parts when zipping up the jacket. If you really check that they are "synced" properly the jacket stays closed no matter what you do.
regards
paul:drink

Back