• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Whats the best thing you ever won?

I think the best thing I ever won was a hat. Voni on the other hand won a BMW Navigator II (Garmin Streetpilot III) GPS at BMW's 80th Anniversary Party out in California.

Won a box of apples (remember when they came in boxes) by winning a 'Whist' tournament when I was 12. Then won a $3000 draw that our hockey team arranged. My family was new to the city and knew no-one so I bought all the tickets we were supposed to sell ($50) so not a bad deal.

And where I live there is no tax on lottery or gambling winnings. :D

The Super Bowl Game, I won 25.00 bucks. One of my squares had 0,0 and at the end of the first quarter, the score was 10 to 0 and I won !!!!

I only bought 3 squares at $1.00 each

The grand prize Aerostich, at the 1998 Georgia Mountain Rally. I destroyed it a year later, better it than me!

Won a cool jacket at the moa open house last year.Wore it home from there,pretty happy.Next time i put it on the zipper broke.Guess you get what you pay for,huh?

I won a toaster oven once, and in a college tobaco spitting contest I won the grand prize, A 3 piece meal of Kentucky Fried Chicken. The prize was fitting for the event.

By being a MOA member, I won the chance to buy a ticket for the bike raffle. :laugh

I won a 15 speed Bike in 1997 while in the army at our unit's Christmas Party in SHAPE Belguim. I still have it hanging in my garage, just like new. I rode it a few times then I decided I needed a motorcycle.

I won a pair of gloves at one rally.
Then at another ralley I won a pair of gloves.
At on local charity ride you went to as many towns as you could to get tickets for the raffle. I won 3 pairs of gloves.
I have a few more pairs of gloves that I can't remember where they came from, I must have won them.

The heart of my wife for the last 30 years... She not only tolerates my hobbies, but participates and encourages them. It was her suggestion that we go to the Alps 10 years ago, which has lead to 5 trips and over 18 weeks of Alps/Schwartzwald/Alsace touring.

The lottery could not top the opportunities our relationship has afforded me.

Does it count if my wife won it? I paid for the tickets! She won a Maytag washer once at a grand opening and in 2003, she won the Ford/UAW/Juvenile Diabetes Assn. (Louisville) raffle for a new Mustang GT convertible. She let me drive it too!

Best and only thing I ever won!!!!!!

I won the Markel insurance bike at the Gillette Rally. The only thing I have ever won but it was worth the wait. :usa

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 65
In the late 80s I won two round trip tickets from DFW to Frankfurt on Lufthansa. It was raffle at a local German restaurant called Hans Mueller that had (and still has, BTW) a large spot at the Texas State Fair. I stopped by their booth, bought a good beer, filled out a raffle ticket, and put it into a big barrel. A month later the owner called! My wife and I turned it into a nice vacation! Pretty cool!

A Big Score!

A few years back we won in the PublisherÔÇÖs Clearing House contest. Our prizes fell a bit short of the millions of dollars they advertise. My daughter got two Nancy Drew books which were age appropriate at the time; Annie got a nice cookbook; and, I got a book titled, You and Your Prostate. What fun! :laugh

Back