• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

"British Motor Works"

crazydrummerdude

advrider.com
Do you bother correcting people?

In the past week, two people have said this to me. I was at a loss for words both times, as I tried to piece together what they were saying..

i heard it once. i was already chatting with the guy so yeah i corrected him.

along the same line

I am at a stop sign recently on my /5 and a guy in an Infinity rolls down his window and says... I didn't know BMW made bikes...

BMW Motorcycles has a quiet prestige, like Patek Phillipe or Zenith vs Rolex (HD, Honda etc)

They make a million Rolex's a year, how many BMW's

I don't know where the heck this rant os going, HAPPY THANKSGVING!!!!!!!!

I am at a stop sign recently on my /5 and a guy in an Infinity rolls down his window and says... I didn't know BMW made bikes...

I especially enjoy telling them that BMW have been in the motorcycle business years longer than the car business.

Our local dealership has a t-shirt (I own one):
Front - I didn't know BMW made cars......
Back - ....until I passed one.

i usually just tell people it's a moto guzzi that's been in an accident and i covered up the hole in the faring with an old BMW badge from a car.

Most of the members in my CVMG section own British bikes so I always say that it's British Motorcycles that Work whenever I ride my airhead to an event.

Some members think it's more funny than others............No accounting for the British sense of humour......Rod.

Back