• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Route from Badger ferry to site

jshuck

Anyone have a turn by turn route from the Wisconsin side of the Badger ferry to the Rally site? how about a fast route and a scenic route? Thanks john shuck

Quick route - From the Badger, through Manitowoc west to I-43. South on I-43 to Hwy 33. West on 33 into West Bend to Hwy 45. South on 45 to County road PV(Pleasant Valley). Exit and turn left, rally grounds are on the other side of 45.

Not-so-quick route - West from Manitowoc on Hwy 151 to Hwy 67 South (split intersection). Hwy 67 south through the Kettle Moraine, past Road America, to Dundee. Follow County Hwy F south to West Bend. Look for the bikes.

If you're not in a hurry (to get to the rally? What kind of question is that?) I would definitely take the route on HWY 151 to 67 to Dundee and HWY-F to West Bend. It is much more scenic and gives a good introduction to Wisconsin if you have not been here before.

There are a couple good places for eats in Dundee, plus you can see the house built there for the Home Makeover TV show, along with the Dundee Mill.

The area near Road America (Elkhart Lake) and Dundee is some very nice riding.

But even the ride down HWY-43 to HWY-33 is not all bad, just wide open interstate riding for most of the way.

I was thinking of heading up to Green Bay to see the Packer's Hall of Fame after exiting off the Badger. Is it worth it (silly question) and about how far to GB and then from GB to the Rally,

Brian

I was thinking of heading up to Green Bay to see the Packer's Hall of Fame after exiting off the Badger. Is it worth it (silly question) and about how far to GB and then from GB to the Rally,

Brian

well worth it...but then again I own a piece of the team.

I suggest taking the stadium tour also.

Green Bay is about 40 miles north of the Badger ferry, up I-43 to Hwy 172, then follow the signs for the stadium.

FWIW, my club has its meetings at a restaurant right behind the stadium, and I've never been there, nor had the inclination. Parked in the lot a couple times, tho.

Any real football fan should stop by Lambeau Field to take in the history of a truly unique national sports team. Lambeau Field is about 1.5 miles east of my house and I have walked to games I attended.

From the ferry landing in Manitowoc, follow the HWY 43 signs to ride the 45 miles to Green Bay. Take the HWY 172 West exit when you get to Green Bay and follow that to the Oneida Street exit just over the Fox River. From the exit (near the mall so watch out) go right, north, on Oneida Street about 1.5 miles to the stadium on Lombardi Ave.

You'll see the Packer practice field to your right and Lambeau to your left. Curly's Pub in the stadium is a good place to eat.

From Lambeau you can either go back south on HWY 43 to HWY 33 to West Bend. Or you can take HWY 41 (a mile west of Lambeau) south through Appleton to West Bend, about 100 miles. Just watch for traffic on the north side of Appleton and the mall traffic on the west side of Appleton all the way to the south side of Oshkosh.

Any real football fan should stop by Lambeau Field to take in the history of a truly unique national sports team. Lambeau Field is about 1.5 miles east of my house and I have walked to games I attended.

From the ferry landing in Manitowoc, follow the HWY 43 signs to ride the 45 miles to Green Bay. Take the HWY 172 West exit when you get to Green Bay and follow that to the Oneida Street exit just over the Fox River. From the exit (near the mall so watch out) go right, north, on Oneida Street about 1.5 miles to the stadium on Lombardi Ave.

You'll see the Packer practice field to your right and Lambeau to your left. Curly's Pub in the stadium is a good place to eat.

From Lambeau you can either go back south on HWY 43 to HWY 33 to West Bend. Or you can take HWY 41 (a mile west of Lambeau) south through Appleton to West Bend, about 100 miles. Just watch for traffic on the north side of Appleton and the mall traffic on the west side of Appleton all the way to the south side of Oshkosh.

Sounds like a plan. I've got the coordinates loaded into the GPS and I'll be sure to get up there during my stay.

Brian

Back