• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Route Suggestions

gsx3

I am arriving from Florida on the Auto Train in Lorton, Va. Looks like The only way to Rally is I-95 to Fredericksburg before hitting some backroads. Is I-95 ok going south midmorning?
Also, does anyone have fun route suggestions from Rally to Kitty Hawk? Input would be greatly appreciated.

I 95 in that area is never ok. It will also depend on the time, like the HOV lanes will still be incoming. But it can be a disaster anytime of the day just takes one idiot.

The only other direct route is to take is route 1 to the rally. But this goes into the heart of every town along the way. I 95 is hit and miss and it can be a nightmare, if I am correct DOT is still doing construction north of Fredericksburg into DC area. Depending on your timeline I point the bike south and explore some of the back roads to the rally.

The only other direct route is to take is route 1 to the rally. But this goes into the heart of every town along the way. I 95 is hit and miss and it can be a nightmare, if I am correct DOT is still doing construction north of Fredericksburg into DC area. Depending on your timeline I point the bike south and explore some of the back roads to the rally.

They are always doing construction. I lived there 20 years ago and have never seen it without something being worked on.

Problem is where the Auto-Train drops you off is right in the middle of all the crap ! So no easy way to Doswell, but if you are willing to add a few miles I would do something like this. Route 15 is good and you can hit BBQ Exchange in Gordonsville VA for lunch. This is only 144 miles to the rally site so not a ton of added miles and a LOT less stress.

https://goo.gl/maps/PPnyvSgZZJg1zdJh6

https://www.bbqex.com

Back