• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R11XXRT Tank Bag Recommendations

T

tdomek

I am soon to purchase an '04 R1150RT and need the clan's assessments of NON BMW tank bags for the aforementioned steed.

Many thanks is advance,

tank bags

td:

I have used three different kinds of tank bags, 2 on my previous RS, and 1 on my current oiler RS. If I was getting a bag now, I would bite the bullet and get the BMW one, which has the most elegant mounting system of all of them.

You'll get all kinds of comments on this question.

But BMW still makes the best stuff, in my opinion.

Enjoy your new machine! I like those twin sparkers.

Rinty

Last edited:
I have used Rev pack for many years and gotten good service out of them. They make a matching tail bag. Rider magazine has a review of tank bags in this months issue.

recomended tank bag

i just received a chicane canyon h20 ready tank bag and it is great. www.chicaneusa.com it has an available hydration bladder that goes into the bag. really nice. i would highly recommend it to anyone.:)

Many Thanks!

Great recommendations, guys, thanks!

The Chicane brand is new to me.

Not so old dog, learning new tricks from these fine folks!

;) No contest the MAK bag is the best I've seen used on BMW's. I had the BMW bag on my RS. Was nice when new but did not last as long as I thought it should. The mak bag has two featchers that no other tank bag I know of has. It does not rest on the tank of touch any paint. So easy when gassing up. One finger, nothing to un-hook or un-snap. Comes in several sizes. to see go to www.cyclegadget.com
good luck in what ever you choose

Check out "www.cyclegadgets.com" look at BMW gadgets on their list. Check out their airbag. This is a nice bag. It floats on a bracket that mounts around the gas tank bracket. Never touches your paint. It flips up for gassing up. Slips right off when needed. :wave

Johnny Urive
TX
2002 Kawasaki KLR 650
2004 BMW R1150RT

Chicane Baja

I use the Chicane Baja bag on my '04 RT and it has worked well. I also purchased the water bladder which is nice for the long rides. The attached waterproof cover located in it's own zippered compartment up forward works great too. I've recently added power to it using a Powerlet bag kit. I have yet to figure out how to add pics, otherwise I'd add a few. If you're interested in checking out my set-up let me know and I'll forward you some pics.:thumb

Cheers,
Steve

Check out "www.cyclegadgets.com" look at BMW gadgets on their list. Check out their airbag. This is a nice bag. It floats on a bracket that mounts around the gas tank bracket. Never touches your paint. It flips up for gassing up. Slips right off when needed. :wave

Johnny Urive
TX
2002 Kawasaki KLR 650
2004 BMW R1150RT

I believe you are referring to the Big Mak. Nice setups, I had one on my RT. You can get different size bags too.

Sargent Super Bag

Have had the Sargent Super Bag, mounted on their own leather-like base accessory. Amazing design, excellent quality, lots of flexibility in usage!!!!!

Back