• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank bags for slash-2s -- need recommendations

bmwdean

BMW MOA co-founder
I would like to get a tank bag or two for my slash-2s:

R60-400.jpg

Gray-small.jpg

400-w.jpg

Weiss0.jpg

At least one with some capacity to it.

Any suggestions?

Harro

Jeff,
A couple of years ago I found a brand new 35 litre Harro Elefantenboy on e-Bay. It's infinitely adjustable for size from compact to huge, and very convenient with the zip-off base for refuelling.

The construction is old fashioned, completely waterproof, rubberized canvas with real leather mounting straps and metal buckles. The only concession to modern construction is a velcro tab to close the map window. It's a well made item that looks like it could have been made 50 years ago. A very appropriate look for the older bikes.

I posted a picture of my R50 with the Harro here:
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=2021&page=22

Did I not see a picture of your /5 wearing a Harro at some point?

/2 tank bags

I am using an Cortec magnetic bag on both my 67 R60 with sidecar and my 71 R75. They call it a mini but I've found that I could carry quit a bit with it. I rode to the RA national in Boise with it last summer and had lots of people asking about it. Cost is usually in the mid 50's. The Ris

Back