• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Touring pants

wezul

Cage Rattler
Same theme as Monkeyboy's "Touring Jacket recommendations" thread but for the other half of the body. I have winter pants, so I think I'm good in the cold. What I'm curious about are your experiences with fair weather pants. I think I'd prefer them with armor but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks. :wave

Peace.

Wez

Oh, BTW, I'm running a Darien jacket. Not that it matters.

Last edited:
Just picked up a pair of Belstaff pants at Daytona. I liked the easy on and off and Belstaff is a great brand. It is not the least expensive nor the most expensive but it is good value for the money.

First Gear HT Overpants. I have two pairs and they'e a bit different from each other. I like them both.

First Gear HT Overpants. I have two pairs and they'e a bit different from each other. I like them both.

I am also using the Firstgear pants, the HT Air 2.0. They are a mesh material, but have armor/padding in the right places. There is a windproof/waterproof liner that zips into them, although otherwise they have no insulation. When it's cooler, I wear Firstgear HT 2.0, which are waterproof and have a removable insulating liner. NO VENTING, though. They both get a lot of use as I commute to work. Being overpants, they are GREAT for that sort of thing.

Joe Rocket 5.0

Take a look at Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 pants. They go on easily, come off fast when they need to, and have large external, waterproof pockets.

I have worn these in a variety of temps and have always been comfortable. They are armored in the knees and wear well.

Price is around $140.

I have been very satisfied with my motoport/cycleport mesh pants. They come complete with armour and are custom made to your legs. An optional gortex liner works fine for stopping both the rain and the cold.

I am also using the Firstgear pants, the HT Air 2.0. They are a mesh material, but have armor/padding in the right places. There is a windproof/waterproof liner that zips into them, although otherwise they have no insulation. When it's cooler, I wear Firstgear HT 2.0, which are waterproof and have a removable insulating liner. NO VENTING, though. They both get a lot of use as I commute to work. Being overpants, they are GREAT for that sort of thing.

+3 another for FirstGear Overpants. I run the Mesh in summer and the HT 2.0 during the other 3 seasons. Great for riding to work, I can wear my dress slacks under them with no problem. Keep a change of shoes at work and I'm good to go.

Back