Thread: Finally got it all right!

Finally got it all right!

It's been almost one year since I got back into riding with the purchase of a 2001 1150GS with 36,000 miles on it. As some of you may recall, I've had a lot of buyer's remorse, dealing with vibration, oil leaking, and generally poor performance (including a recent drop to 30 miles per gallon).

But that's all over now. The oil leak turned out to be a loose bolt that everyone assumed someone else had checked. The rest of the issues seemed to emanate from a more subtle problem: an air leak where the throttle body meets the head. Oh, and the air filter was totally filthy; another item everyone thought someone else had checked.

So, after one year and 10k miles, I put some new tires on and WHOA! I've finally got the motorcycle I was dreaming of last August! It's fast, it's smooth, it's nimble, and it's not spraying oil all over my boot.

I'm so happy! DZ

Inspect the uninspected.

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

Thumbs up

Dean, very happy to hear that. I'm glad you stuck with it until making it right. I wonder WTF your mechanic was doing? And I wonder WTF the PO did to FIU so bad before selling it?

Anyway, glad to hear you are having fun with your GS.

I really like the "Friday Thread", keep it up and post some great trips over there.

When you coming to Washingmachine state? (That will be longer than a day!)

Doc
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

That's a different Dean, but thanks. Now that I've seen his thread I'll have to keep an eye out for him every Friday; seems like he's in my neck of the woods pretty often. DZ

Quote Originally Posted by SFDOC
    Dean, very happy to hear that. I'm glad you stuck with it until making it right. I wonder WTF your mechanic was doing? And I wonder WTF the PO did to FIU so bad before selling it?

Anyway, glad to hear you are having fun with your GS.

I really like the "Friday Thread", keep it up and post some great trips over there.

When you coming to Washingmachine state? (That will be longer than a day!)

Doc

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar
    Yes, I got my California "Deans" mixed up.
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

Retired and proud of it MOTORMAN's Avatar
    Well you obviously didn't make the deans list here then.......