• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

need serviceable used parts for /6

JoeDabbs

By now I could use some serviceable used parts in usable condition that have just worn out since I bought my bike new in '75. I can replace some of these things new, but other things I wouldn't mind having if I could find decent used stuff. I don't know if this is the right place for this sort of request, but I could use a decent seat, center stand, right side muffler, instrument cluster, handlebars, and rear fender. I ride my r/60/6 daily back and forth to work (100 miles). It's always been a good runner. 'Rusty but trusty, I've always rather ride than to primp, but it would be nice to replace the above...thanks!

Used /6 parts

My first choice would be ibmwr.org
They always seem to have used parts listed in the classifieds
Good luck in your search!

parts is parts

IBMWR has got to be number one, and calls to Re-Psycle in Ohio, Bob's BMW in Maryland, and PartsHaus in California might be in order for some of those "can't wait for it to show up on
the internet" used items. Also, check the BMWMOA classified. Although more people are using the internet, not all of them are.
You might check the "items wanted" listings there to see if someone else is looking for the same thing as you. If they get more than once response. you could get lucky.

Mac

Parts is parts continued

I talked with Nathan Mende down at Boxerworks in Watkinsville Georgia, and he says he's just bought a ton (literally) of NOS
BMW parts - many still in the origional boxes - from an
dealer in Buffalo NY. Look for lots of / 2 and /5 parts there once he gets it all organized....
www.boxerworks.com

Mac in Peoria

for weasel/6

[,

right side muffler,i have it brand new on the plastic bag ..$70 .00 all your ist new ,, i paid $100..00
its all chrome etc...i have it since 1996 but i got two more for the r60/6 right side muffler all chrome i have it $70.00 at u doors i pair $100.00 back in 1996
:eat:type:lurk:stick

hast-luego.de

yep i met this german couple riding BMW on the USA last month and they were going all the way down to Peru...cthe web page '''hasta -luego.de''
they were comming from Alaska ,,,,,
so if u have any tips or conections;):stick..it will be great ]

You can find almost all this stuff if you just look around. Unfortunately, many airheads are being parted out and sold on EBay. I think it's criminal but that's the way it is. Most of your parts list is ok to buy used but DON"T buy a used instrument cluster. The speedos and tachs from these old airheads ALWAYS eventually fail, some sooner than later. Buying a used one is not a good idea as you'll just end up with another unit that doesn't work. A rebuild is the only sure fire fix. Palo Alto Speedometer has rebuilt 2 of my units and I've got a speedo off my R100RT that needs to go to them, too. They do good work but they're not cheap. Good luck!

Little Egypt Airheads
'66 R50/2
'80 R100RT
'65 Honda 305 Dream (resto project)

For your instrument cluster repair you might also try Overseas Speedometer in Austin, TX. He rebuilt one for me....and I know of several others he has done...excellant work. Try www.speedometer.com.

That's why mine's chewed up. I jimmied the gears pretty badly...I guess I could take it apart again and replace those chewed up gears. I actually attempted the repair years ago, before there was a decent pictorial of how to fix it available on-line.

Back