• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member, Hanahan, SC

nathan_hobbs_1

Good afternoon everyone- I’m Nathan from Hanahan SC, just outside of Charleston.

I’ve been on and off motorcycles for 13 years, on my third bmw- a new to me 2015 R1200GS.

Looking forward to participating and learning from this group- I’ll be at the 50th MOA rally in VA next week. By the furthest I will have ridden a motorcycle before so looking forward to it.

Couple pics below of my bike after having some fun in the mud a while back.

Attachments

• IMG_3636.jpg
    IMG_3636.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 32
Welcome Nathan! Looks like you are enjoying your bike. Thanks for posting the pic of the bike. I'm guessing you have another?

Welcome Nathan! Looks like you are enjoying your bike. Thanks for posting the pic of the bike. I'm guessing you have another?

Had an Indian Scout bobber most recently, but sold that one back in December. After I bought the GS last summer the Scout just wasn’t getting any miles at all. The GS is sooo much more comfortable to ride.

In the past had an R1150r Rockster and an F800S sold both of those when we started having kiddos.

Welcome back to the BMW forum, Nathan, after your hiatus for family participation duties...

I hope your GS serves U well; hope you both have an enjoyable trip to Doswell. We’ll be there, just no longer riding GS bikes.
SINCE U live in SC, I’d recommend the BMW off-road training when you’re ready to get serious. :thumb
It would seem that you’re not afraid of a little mud - even with those smooth street tires!
And I too have eXtra conspicuity Skene lights on my two BMWs. They just might prevent a T-bone... Hard to say! :brow

Cheers from the Tennessee River valley of North Alabama

HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K-GT ————— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back