• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from New Brunswick NJ

PlusUltra19

PlusUltra19
New guy here! Bought myself a 2022 BMWK1600B after trading in my 2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse last May. I’m proud to say that my wife has great taste: she bought the K1600B first. I then rode it, loved it, and traded my Indian in a few months later. Wife took her 16’ and rode out to Colorado and back on her own last year, got a BunBurner 1500 out of it. Inspired me and last week I got my (hopefully to be awarded) SaddleSore 1000 from good ol’ NJ down to Daytona for bike week.

Time spent on my K16 has made me appreciate her more and more. There really is nothing like 6 cylinders. I couldn’t believe how fast she could go when I rode her off the lot. Nothing like my first Harley Sporster or late Indian Chieftain. It’s really opened my eyes to so much.

Saw more BMWs than I thought I would in Daytona—mostly GS’s but quite a few other K1600s! BMW is a much smaller group and it’s always exciting to see what someone else has done with their bike. Coming back from that long trip has really inspired me to get involved in MOA. Wife and I are planning on going to the annual rally, Richmond is quite close. We are also planning a joint SaddleSore 1000 up to Nova Scotia in late June this year as well.

One of the greatest things I ever did was put my wife on the back of my motorcycle in all those years ago, and then promptly kick her off, get her into the MSF course, and purchase her her first motorcycle. Our Frenchie, Roux, also loves to ride on the back of her K16.

Looking forward to many more miles!

Welcome from central Florida just west of Daytona. Thanks for the great introduction. You are certainly blessed to have a wife that rides her own ride. Enjoy those bikes and you should have a blast in Richmond.

Welcome to the MOA family, Mr & Mrs K16B!

Enjoy your 6-banger safely as Riding Season is very nearly here...
Hope you’ll consider the MOA’s 50th International Rally in June.
It's only 300 miles from your Zip-code, but then there will always be heavy east-coast traffic... :brow :banghead
https://rally.bmwmoa.org

Here’s your very own GPX file for U to try on your newest BMW Navigation system. :deal
View attachment MOA-Rally-8June23.GPX

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

PXL_20230311_113719326.jpg

PXL_20230306_153553725.jpg

There she is after a long ride. For context, SaddleSore 1,000 was from a NJ Wawa to a FL Wawa. Hence the, "Wawa 1,000"

Wife and I are planning on going to the Rally! Hope to see you there

Welcome PlusUltra19! Looks like a very comfortable (and great looking) bike. Thanks for including some pics.

Back