• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA app still doesn't show my current member status

The app is scheduled to be updated once per quarter. That timing can vary due to several different factors - our internal workload, the developers workload, significant information updates, such as expiration dates, database maintenance, technical development, etc. It would be great to say with certainty that is it always going to be released on a specific date, but that isn’t reality in the app/software world. At least not at our level.

We are trying to include feature updates with each release. The last version of the update included member numbers, cards and expiration dates in the app. If there is new functionality to be added, that can push the timeline as the developers try to make those things work.

There is actually a new release that is expected in the next few days. That release, in particular, was delayed by Apple who has to approve the release before the app can be updated in the Apple Store.

The app is NOT connected to the member database. Member information has to be manually updated periodically. The day will come when it is connected and updates will be instantaneous. That isn’t today.

A better indicator of your member status, expiration dates, etc. is your online member profile at bmwmoa.org. The website does reflect the actual database information in real time. The link to your profile page is https://www.bmwmoa.org/members/public_profile.asp

The app will continue to improve and we do have larger plans to improve the functionality and make the data available in real time. It will take a little patience to get there.

Ted

Ted,
Thanks for the update. I understand in volunteer organizations (yes there are some paid individuals, but it appears to me that lot gets done via volunteers) things do not move quickly. However, communication is really important. I get that that things take longer than excepted and I'm patient under those situations. But, in another thread it was indicated that the quarterly update would be in September, and in mid to late October, I asked in that thread if there were any delays. We're now at the end of October and there were no comments that the update was taking longer--especially when some people (including myself) were anticipating the update. I get that you were busy with other things, but in silence people are left to their own thoughts and guesses, which are often not accurate.

One suggestion to avoid future issues would be to indicate on the MOA page under the Anonymous Book when the anticipated update with be and if there are any delays, they can be proactively indicated there.

Anyway, I appreciate all the work you do and thanks again for the update.

Jeff

Last edited:
The app is scheduled to be updated once per quarter. That timing can vary due to several different factors - our internal workload, the developers workload, significant information updates, such as expiration dates, database maintenance, technical development, etc. It would be great to say with certainty that is it always going to be released on a specific date, but that isn’t reality in the app/software world. At least not at our level.

We are trying to include feature updates with each release. The last version of the update included member numbers, cards and expiration dates in the app. If there is new functionality to be added, that can push the timeline as the developers try to make those things work.

There is actually a new release that is expected in the next few days. That release, in particular, was delayed by Apple who has to approve the release before the app can be updated in the Apple Store.

The app is NOT connected to the member database. Member information has to be manually updated periodically. The day will come when it is connected and updates will be instantaneous. That isn’t today.

A better indicator of your member status, expiration dates, etc. is your online member profile at bmwmoa.org. The website does reflect the actual database information in real time. The link to your profile page is https://www.bmwmoa.org/members/public_profile.asp

The app will continue to improve and we do have larger plans to improve the functionality and make the data available in real time. It will take a little patience to get there.

Ted

If it's supposed be updated once per quarter, the app developer has missed 2 quarters or more at this point. So without further delay, can someone explain why that is the case?

"There is actually a new release that is expected in the next few days.

I'm not holding my breath on that one.

That release, in particular, was delayed by Apple who has to approve the release before the app can be updated in the Apple Store."

I use an android, apple has to approve android releases as well?

Just now tried to refresh data, still shows my old 2022 data. Message popped up I have the latest data, that's some funny crap right there.

New release expected in the next few days on Oct 31? Really?

:bow

Just now tried to refresh data, still shows my old 2022 data. Message popped up I have the latest data, that's some funny crap right there.

New release expected in the next few days on Oct 31? Really?

:bow

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

And in this case, we have big dogs posting about updates that haven't occurred. Quarterly updates? nope Update in the next few days? Nope

I'll turn my head when a big dog speaks.

:nono

Last edited:
And in this case, we have big dogs posting about updates that haven't occurred. Quarterly updates? nope Update in the next few days? Nope

I'll turn my head when a big dog speaks.

:nono

I am afraid you might be the small dog barking in this case.

So....I just checked mine again, refreshed data, still showed me as expired and ready to renew.

So I logged out of the App, then logged back in, and guess what?

The info is current, showing me as a member through September 2023.

Give that a try....

SPP

So....I just checked mine again, refreshed data, still showed me as expired and ready to renew.

So I logged out of the App, then logged back in, and guess what?

The info is current, showing me as a member through September 2023.

Give that a try....

SPP

That worked for me, app now shows my correct expiration/renewal date. Apparently that piece of data is only accessed at login time and not during a data refresh.

Best,
DeVern

If a few others have the same result by logging out and back in, I think that might have cracked the case! :thumb

So, an update doesn't update member information? One would think it would. But if it's found one has to log out and back in, a PSA should be made by bmwmoa to it's members, no?

That worked for me, app now shows my correct expiration/renewal date. Apparently that piece of data is only accessed at login time and not during a data refresh.

Best,
DeVern

Logging out and logging back in updated my expiration date, but my information in app is still waiting to be updated. For whatever reason, it's taking longer than anticipated. I understand that that happens, but it would be nice to have updates.

Back