• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dunlop tire ad in MOA magazine

tibork

All right so it's not just me. I was looking at the ad for the Dunlop Roadsmart 4 rebate ad on page 21, it says 'buy a rear Roadsmart 4 tire and get a front tire for free'. So I was thinking about taking advantage of this, the rebate is for exactly my size tire. Then below lower on the page under 'How it Works' it say to buy a rear AND a front tire then receive a prepaid rebate card for a free front tire. Confusing ad. Doesn't say get a prepaid rebate card but a rebate card for a free front tire. Does this mean the rebate is for a second front tire? I had my lady read it and she also said it is confusing. Anyone did this rebate deal?

Here is a link to the rebate form. Looks like a prepaid MasterCard rebate for the value of your front tire that must be used within 6 months.

You buy both tires up front then they send you a prepaid MC for the value of the front that you can use to buy something else within 6 months.

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.bmwmoa.org/resource/resmgr/news/dunlop/dunlop_junjulbmwmoa_2.pdf

*Mail-In Rebate for a Dunlop Motorcycle Tires Prepaid MasterCard®, FREE front tire is based on the Dunlop MAP policy as of 1/3/2022 for a 120/70ZR17 Roadsmart IV tire (valued at $158.00). Actual selling price is unilaterally determined by the dealer.

I had a set of Roadsmart IV tires put on my bike while at the Rally in Springfield. I thought it was a good deal. I am pleased with the tires but still waiting on the prepaid card.

I had a set of Roadsmart IV tires put on my bike while at the Rally in Springfield. I thought it was a good deal. I am pleased with the tires but still waiting on the prepaid card.

I did the same. Sunkwerks were the company that mounted the tires, and were really great to work with. Then the Dunlop reps did the rebate paperwork once the work was done. I think it takes 'the usual' six weeks for the money to arrive. RS IVs are really nice shoes, BTW. YMMV.

Thanks to the rally organizers for arranging the Dunlop booth.

I did the same. Sunkwerks were the company that mounted the tires, and were really great to work with. Then the Dunlop reps did the rebate paperwork once the work was done. I think it takes 'the usual' six weeks for the money to arrive. RS IVs are really nice shoes, BTW. YMMV.

Seems like we would receive our cards within a month when we did Dunlop tire rebates in the past.

This current MOA rebate is the best rebate I have seen from Dunlop.

You buy both tires up front then they send you a prepaid MC for the value of the front that you can use to buy something else within 6 months.

Exactly… It’s deceptive at minimum, because in the end you’re spending maybe close to $400 to buy the set. If they said “buy a set, and (kinda) get your next front tire free”, now we’re getting warmer. IMO ymmv

Well bummer because I just called a local dealer near by and he said they don't make the RoadSmart IV in 18" - which is my rear wheel size - so I'm out of luck on this deal .. :nono

Exactly… It’s deceptive at minimum, because in the end you’re spending maybe close to $400 to buy the set. If they said “buy a set, and (kinda) get your next front tire free”, now we’re getting warmer. IMO ymmv

And that's exactly where we were also confused, sounded like it's not really a rebate for the tire you already purchased but for your next tire ... hmm ... not sure if really wanted that deal the first place. If it were an MC card that you could use for anything it would be nice but if you can only use it for just Dunlop products you really have to think about that twice.

I had to read the fine print a couple of times, and I came to the same conclusion as Torque and Bork.

The prepaid card can be used for anything. The average value of a front tire is loaded on a card. Once you have it, you can spend it on anything.

When you get these pre-paid visa card rebates from anyone, not just Dunlop, one of the best ways to ensure you get the full rebate value is to turn it into a gift card for somewhere you shop often. I typically purchase an Amazon gift card in my Amazon account for precisely the amount of the rebate card value and then it just goes towards my next amazon purchase of ... whatever. You can also buy gas gift cards with them, but they are a burden to use at an actual pump.

When you get these pre-paid visa card rebates from anyone, not just Dunlop, one of the best ways to ensure you get the full rebate value is to turn it into a gift card for somewhere you shop often. I typically purchase an Amazon gift card in my Amazon account for precisely the amount of the rebate card value and then it just goes towards my next amazon purchase of ... whatever. .

Good idea :thumb

When you get these pre-paid visa card rebates from anyone, not just Dunlop, one of the best ways to ensure you get the full rebate value is to turn it into a gift card for somewhere you shop often. I typically purchase an Amazon gift card in my Amazon account for precisely the amount of the rebate card value and then it just goes towards my next amazon purchase of ... whatever. You can also buy gas gift cards with them, but they are a burden to use at an actual pump.

:thumb EXCELLENT idea!

Back