• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone ever get turned away from the Rally?

Ian,
I think it would be better to put your comments into a more helpful context. No "young people" have been made to feel unwelcome BY THE RALLY STAFF at any rally that I know of. Rather, your reference is to a couple of incidents which have been reported through the grape vine that were "get off of my lawn" type generational conflicts. The point of bringing these things up here, in my opinion, is to point out that it's very un-cool to deputize yourself as the "MOA Culture Police" and rain on others who don't wear the gear you wear, or party the way you party. To take this up a notch, I think the whole world could use a massive dose of MYOB (Mind Your Own Business). If you must engage others outside your demographic, do it with an offered cold beer in one hand, and an open offer of a handshake in the other. :gerg

The BMW MOA is not the only part of our culture that will be destroyed by old guys insisting their way is the right way and the only way. But it is one of them.

The BMW MOA is not the only part of our culture that will be destroyed by old guys insisting their way is the right way and the only way. But it is one of them.

If I remove "old guys" and insert "people" then I can support that statement.

"The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it, seems to me the deepest root of all that is evil in the world."
- Max Born

Wow, I’m reading this and I’m really pretty surprised that the question was even posted. I’ve been to about 15 BMWMOA National Rally’s over the past 21 years, been to Americade about 27 times over the past 30 years, and attended nearly every Honda Hoot that was held. I also have been to Daytona bike week twice on my Yamaha Royal Star. In all my travels I’ve seen very very little poor behavior. To me the MOA national is a very friendly and welcoming event. While I’ve never owned a Harley back in 2015 I was on a West Coast trip and rented a Harley ultra limited in Ames Nebraska. On our way west my buddy and I attended the Billings National rally and I was more than welcomed on my rented ultra limited, in fact it actually attracted some positive attention and comment. In addition I’ve seen numerous other brands parked at the MOA rallies with never even the slightest negative issue. Maybe it’s me but I really can’t anticipate there being less than friendly folks at the MOA National.

Wow, I’m reading this and I’m really pretty surprised that the question was even posted. I’ve been to about 15 BMWMOA National Rally’s over the past 21 years, ... [snip] ... Maybe it’s me but I really can’t anticipate there being less than friendly folks at the MOA National.

I have missed only two BMW MOA national rallies since 1984 and agree completely.

I was actually just curious because i figured the typical type of troublemaker and drunk at a Harley party would be nowhere near a BMW rally. LOL But you know, there's always that one guy. The most outrageously funny incident i've ever seen was when somone's out of control drunken ol lady started screaming at everyone at 2 AM, waking everyone up and they threw her in a porta potty and put ratchet straps around the door. That didn't shut her up so they hooked it to a pickup truck and dragged it some distance away so everyone could get some sleep. I just couldn't see that happening at a BMW rally.

Back