• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2022 R1250 RT Availability

I can now see the DHL tracking.
Engles in Kansas City may get the bikes next Tuesday, the 12th.

We plan to head to Arkansas on Tuesday so we'll do the trade after the trip.

Stopped at the shop on our way south and the truck pulled up with our bikes.
20211012_124635_copy_600x800_1.jpg

Newest I-Level Software = Worthy Update!

Does anyone know if BMW has fixed the buggy TFT/Bluetooth/Nav issue with he 2022 RT model?

My 2021 R1250RT received its software "update" about two (2) weeks ago. Said update took approximately three (3) hours to complete, but others have noted their updates were completed in 30 minutes or so.

For those of you playing along at home, the dealer needs to update their diagnostic computer to ISTA version 4.31.16. Then, they connect your bike to their computer and install the most current I-Level software onto your bike -- version 21.07.520 as of this writing. When it is all complete the software version that will be displayed on your bike (Settings Menu, Software Versions sub-menu) will be 012.007.030.

I do not know which version of software the newer 2022's are shipping with.

Current version of the BMW Motorrad Connected app is 3.2.1.

You should un-pair your bike from your mobile end device's (phone) Bluetooth devices list, then un-pair all connected devices from the bike's TFT system. Then re-pair phone and helmet/comms devices to the motorcycle.

With the exception on one (1) dropped connection between my phone and the TFT which occurred the first time I used the new software, the new code has worked as promised. The Motorrad Connected app now stays connected to the TFT display and navigation works!

The Media playback section is also improved as songs will now play seamlessly track to track -- previously one song would play, then stop, requiring hitting Playback again to start the next song. With my system (iPhone 11 Pro Max 15.0.2) I do not have access to song libraries or playlists accessible through the TFT, so this functionality is still Work In Progress.

So, still not perfect, but improving. This update is Highly Recommended.

Older Version - Pretty Good So Far...

New member here. Been in and out of the forums for a while now and didn't want to post until I had some valuable input so here goes. I took delivery of my 2022 RT back in September and have already done an out of state trip with it so the miles are coming quickly. Loving the bike so far but wanted to comment on the TFT. Of course, I was all over the web and watching YouTube clips before I got the bike so I thought I knew what to expect as far as all the quirks related to the system but so far, I have been pleasantly surprised.

Even though mine is a 2022, it was shipped with the older software version - 011_007_035. I have it paired to my phone running Android 11 with the latest BMW Connect app paired with an old Sena SMH10 to my helmet. Outside of a few dropped connections, it was worked well for me.

A few observations:

• Even though I have the phone and the headset paired to the bike, I can't control volume with the Multi-Controller wheel. It is either all or nothing. I normally leave it at full volume since I wear earplugs anyway.

• For me, I've noticed that there is a specific order everything has to be connected in order for it to work properly. When I'm ready to ride, I will start the SiruisXM app on my phone for music and have it playing to whatever channel I want, power up the TFT, turn on my Sena and let it pair to the bike. Once the music on my phone stops playing, I know that it is connected to the bike. From there, I have to go into the music menu on the TFT and hit Play so the sound will come through my helmet. Once I'm suited up, I hop on and go. It sounds like a lot but not much to it when you get used to it.

• In addition to the SiruisXM app, I've tried Pandora and VLC for Android and the one thing I've noticed is I don't have the ability to skip tracks or change channels via the TFT. All I can do is pause the station/track. Not a huge deal since I'm not paying much attention to the music. I just want some background sounds while riding.

• Maybe it is an Android thing but I don't have to unlock my phone in order for the BMW app to recognize the bike and start displaying the map on the TFT. Takes about 30 seconds or so but it all happens without me having to unlock my phone. Speaking of the navigation, I was glad to see that they integrated live traffic on the map as well. There have been a few times where it told me there was a slow down on my route and I was able to stop at a coffee shop and wait out the traffic.

Lastly, the only "dropped connections" relating to the navigation happen at the gas station and I think this is because I shut the bike off (as opposed to just stopping the engine) to open the filler cap and quickly turn the TFT on. My goal was to keep my Sena connected to the bike because it tends to get weird on me. Nothing a quick power cycle can't fix. I think the dropped connection in that scenario may be more related to my phone than to the bike but again, not a show stopper.

At my first service, I asked my dealer to update the software but he said it could take over an hour to complete and since I wanted to get going, I told him we could save that for next time but honestly, I'm happy the way it. Unless there is some major change, I might stay with the version I have for a while.
SWveraion.jpg

triple black tint?

Still there this morning… :whistle I imagine it’ll have a new home by this evening.
I haven't been on the site for alittle while and missed this post. I see you saw a triple black RT in person. I did also but in complete fluorescent lighting and in that lighting it seemed to have a brown tint. If you saw this bike in natural light can you tell me what color the tint or "flop" was. On Max's ad it looks purple. The color looks ALOT better in day light than it did in the fluorescent light at Cycle Werks

Last early December I ordered my 22 triple black RT radio delete with option 719 wheels and active cruise control. The order went into 111 status very fast. I was back at the dealer acouple days before Christmas and my sales person went to check the bikes status. He discovered the order didn't have the active cruise. So he ordered another one, That order was not accepted by BMW until this past thursday.As of saturday when the dealership closed it wasn't in 112 status yet.
Does anyone have an idea as to why it took so long to get 111 status. And whats your best guess as to when it gets a production date(112 status).
I was hoping to be able to pick up this bike May 17th so I would have time to fully break it in before we leave for Springfield Mo. I really doubt I'll get it by then

Last early December I ordered my 22 triple black RT radio delete with option 719 wheels and active cruise control. The order went into 111 status very fast. I was back at the dealer acouple days before Christmas and my sales person went to check the bikes status. He discovered the order didn't have the active cruise. So he ordered another one, That order was not accepted by BMW until this past thursday.As of saturday when the dealership closed it wasn't in 112 status yet.
Does anyone have an idea as to why it took so long to get 111 status. And whats your best guess as to when it gets a production date(112 status).
I was hoping to be able to pick up this bike May 17th so I would have time to fully break it in before we leave for Springfield Mo. I really doubt I'll get it by then

I had a production number when I ordered, with a build week. Ordered October 04, Build week November 8, arrived in port Dec. 23, arrived at dealer Feb 04

My guess the supply chain issue with chips. The ‘22s seem to have the ACC affected, whereas the ‘21 (I have a ‘21) had the TPMS and radio affected.

I have a 22R1250RT on order, it started production on February 2nd, it was estimated to reach New Jersery March 7th, (my dealer told me it's in port today) I was given a VIN, I ran a report it shows both ACC and RDC (which is the brain of the TPMS) and I'm also getting the Radio, it's fully equipped, maybe at this time they are getting the necessary chips. He thinks the bike will be at the dealership the end of the month or first of April.

What I am taking from the responses to my post is that I should expect about 10 weeks from the beginning of production before hoping to see the bike.It took alittle more than 13 weeks for BMW to except the order. I'm not sure when I should expect them to assign a 112 production number to it. I'm going up to Bike Week for alittle while today. Maybe I will see a factory rep there who can give me more insight. I know I should listen to my wife who's always telling me "PPP", practice patients please.

What I am taking from the responses to my post is that I should expect about 10 weeks from the beginning of production before hoping to see the bike.It took alittle more than 13 weeks for BMW to except the order. I'm not sure when I should expect them to assign a 112 production number to it. I'm going up to Bike Week for alittle while today. Maybe I will see a factory rep there who can give me more insight. I know I should listen to my wife who's always telling me "PPP", practice patients please.

The production date has everything to do with your dealer allocation and if it's set up as a sold bike. It's looks like 8-9 weeks from beginning of production to delivery in my case. If you want it today my dealer has it on the showroom floor https://www.cyclecenterofdenton.com...lack-Cycle-Center-of-Denton-11496524?ref=list run the VIN to find out the equipment or give them a call. They are a great dealer and has really backed our local BMW club, they are hosting a Tech Day this Sunday.

Thanks for recommending your dealer. Yesterday morning my dealer sent a text saying the "bike is at 112 status in production".

I just reread boborgail's excellent post from 8-31-21. it sounds like once i know the vin # I will be able to track the bike myself. Does anyone know when BMW gives the bike it's number and when I can find out that number?

I just reread boborgail's excellent post from 8-31-21. it sounds like once i know the vin # I will be able to track the bike myself. Does anyone know when BMW gives the bike it's number and when I can find out that number?

His post was also a big help for me on tracking our bikes.
I can't remember exactly when I got our VIN numbers.
It was not long after production I received the VIN numbers and the shipping container number.
The VIN may be available before production but you need that container number to start tracking your bike.

I found the whole tracking procedure fun, especially tracking the ship.

112 vs 150 status

Thanks for recommending your dealer. Yesterday morning my dealer sent a text saying the "bike is at 112 status in production".
Keep in mind the 112 status means it is scheduled for production not in production. 150 status means it is in production. It can be several days between 112 and 150. Your dealer should be able to provide you the vin number once it is in 112 status. That has been my experience.

I posted this back in 2016. Another member who worked at a BMW dealership added some edits as well.

Ordering a BMW car and motorcycle essentially works the same way:

1. Dealer receives production allocation for a certain model. The number of allocations is based, in part, on previous sales at that dealership.

2. Dealer places order for their inventory or for a specific customer using the BMW computer ordering system (I believe it's called DealerSpeed). There is a priority "field" on the Vehicle Inquiry Status order form that indicates the status. Highest priority is "1-Customer Sold." This tells BMW there's a customer waiting for the bike/car. Other priority numbers, such as "3-Priority Stock" indicates it's for the dealer's inventory.

3. After placing the order, the bike or car is assigned a unique Production Number and production week. When I ordered my 2014 RT on February 5, it was scheduled to be built that last week of February. And the dealer provided me with a printout to show the bike was built as scheduled on February 28.

4. About a week after it was built, the bike's status changed to "In Transit To Warehouse." The dealer's computer then indicated the exact container ship that would carry the cargo to New Jersey. You can track the ship's progress (Google Marine Traffic).

5. My 2014 RT arrived in New Jersey in mid-April and was delivered to me on April 24.

6. Total time from build date to delivery about 8 weeks.

After the shock recall, I chose Option 4 and sold my 2014 back to BMW, and ordered a 2015 RT on July 8 (he had just received 2 allocations).

I watched as my salesperson input my order and immediately received a unique Production Number. My 2015 RT order indicated status code 111, which means the ordered was accepted by BMW. Changes are allowed until the bike goes into status code 150 (in production). Ordering a BMW auto works the same way.

My 2015 RT is due in New Jersey port on Sep 20. Once is clears customs, it will be released for truck shipping and should arrive at my dealer in about 10 days.

When I ordered my 2014, my dealer showed me how to track the truck on the DHL website:

https://dhli.dhl.com/dhli-client/publicTracking?7

In the "Search By" drop-down menu, select "Customer Ref Number"

Then input your VIN. It's case sensitive, so use capital letters.

You should be able to track the shipment, assuming that it's coming via DHL.

Hope this helps. If your salesperson doesn't have a clue on how bikes "magically" arrive at his dealership, perhaps it's time to change dealers.

If you have a bike on order, your salesperson can easily check its progress, based on standard BMW codes, as follows (based on auto production, but most still apply):

0 Order deleted by NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 AG Load No. — Released to Carrier
190 Dispatched ex(port?) BMW AG
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit (where my car was stalled)
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival — ATA
My dealer has been patient with me inquiring where my new bike is from the beginning. Last thursday he told me "BMW system says shipment arriving at port of discharge NY 04/30". On April 12th he told me the bike was on it's ship and gave me the vessel # and container # .I have tried alot of different tracking sites and they all tell me the same thing . NO RESULTS when I enter either #. I would like to track the bike's progress without constantly bugging my dealer.I assume I"m doing something wrong when entering the #'s. The vessel # he gave me is VAB #H4237 and the container # is CMAU5776563. Does someone see what I"m doing wrong?

My dealer has been patient with me inquiring where my new bike is from the beginning. Last thursday he told me "BMW system says shipment arriving at port of discharge NY 04/30". On April 12th he told me the bike was on it's ship and gave me the vessel # and container # .I have tried alot of different tracking sites and they all tell me the same thing . NO RESULTS when I enter either #. I would like to track the bike's progress without constantly bugging my dealer.I assume I"m doing something wrong when entering the #'s. The vessel # he gave me is VAB #H4237 and the container # is CMAU5776563. Does someone see what I"m doing wrong?

No idea what VAB is… but it looks like the container was discharged in NY this afternoon from the ship Ever Lasting.

https://www.cma-cgm.com/ebusiness/tracking

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back