• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.
Define "THIS"?

Posts that threaten to reveal to Truman Burbank (The Truman Show) that perhaps things are not what they appear to be on Seahaven Island.

Alternatively, posts that might give away that BMW's Stepford Wives have been programmed.

For some it's about defending the brand rather than defending owners from the brand when the latter misbehaves.

Posts that threaten to reveal to Truman Burbank (The Truman Show) that perhaps things are not what they appear to be on Seahaven Island.

Alternatively, posts that might give away that BMW's Stepford Wives have been programmed.

For some it's about defending the brand rather than defending owners from the brand when the latter misbehaves.

Quite the flare for the dramatic! I honestly don't think anything like that is actually going on. Personally, I think statements like these hurts your credibility. You've had some great posts about the F-series and that is most welcome on the forum.

Look, what "THIS" is seems to be your use of this forum, as well as 3-4 others that I can find, where you have been conducting your campaign. Lots of cross posting that I can see. You are certainly welcomed to make your position known but to do it over and over and over again begins to get a little tiresome. You seem to have established yourself as the town crier for this cause. You have done quite well with it here on the forum. As you have gathered, not all are with you on this, or have not dug in that deep. But you have seeded the forum with your position. People can find your position anywhere they look. This flood of postings creates, IMO, an unwelcoming environment here.

Your position seems to be one of standing in a closed room while waving your hands and shouting. Is anyone hearing you? Your ultimate gripe is with BMW Corporate? Do you think they even hear you? I don't really know, but I suspect they haven't and the end result is just the sour atmosphere that remains here on the forum.

What I would like to see you do is to take all that energy and point it where it needs to aim...at BMW Headquarters. Take up the mantle for the average BMW rider/owner and fight for the rest of us. Put all that energy into something that will or might actually make a difference. And I would welcome to hear back from you about that effort. Let us know what your discussions are. It would be interesting to hear from BMW Hq how they feel about their decision to discontinue manuals and if they think that might discourage the average owner. Maybe you can get them to divulge their analysis into what such a decision might do to their bottom line when/if people stop buying their motorcycles or cars. We'd love to hear how you make out.

But "THIS"...this continuous flood of negativity towards BMW and the MOA doesn't seem to be helping in my estimation. In my opinion, I think I get the feeling that others here on the forum also are tiring of this. Try to work with the system and the people who are in a position to make changes if possible. I look forward to that. But I feel you are not helping your cause and only making things less fun for the rest of us.

Let us be clear…

F970015A-31AC-45EB-83A3-6FF866A1D8B2.jpeg

True statement then, still a true statement. However, it was taken out of context for another malicious attack against me personally. (Yes, your deliberate attack is obvious) For anyone who remembers that conversation, I spent quite a bit of time researching that avenue to get the truth about whether that portal actually took motorcycle VIN’s… much to all over our disappointment, it did not. Radioflyer didn’t know the answer, very few of us if any of us did. When I found the truth of the matter, I published it here in the forums.

Wayne’s post is on point. The AMA is in fact a lobbying organization that lobbies for motorcycle riders rights with state and federal laws. If a rider of any brand wants to be involved in lobbying for motorcyclists rights, I encourage you to become an AMA member. The MOA has not, nor does it currently engage in active lobbying activities. It may in the future, but currently does not.

I personally would join the AMA but I can’t get on board with their lobbying efforts against helmet laws, so I choose to spend my money elsewhere. It’s a personal choice. And I’m not the type of person to spend my money to join an organization and then spend every waking hour trying to destroy that organization because I don’t agree with their policy or policies, life is too short for that nonsense.

As I stated earlier, the Board is and continues to advocate on behalf of all of our members (most of whom are not on the forums). Our advocations are not limited to BMW. We work with numerous vendors and institutions as often as possible to get the best deals for our members.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 90545

True statement then, still a true statement. However, it was taken out of context for another malicious attack against me personally. (Yes, your deliberate attack is obvious) For anyone who remembers that conversation, I spent quite a bit of time researching that avenue to get the truth about whether that portal actually took motorcycle VIN’s… much to all over our disappointment, it did not. Radioflyer didn’t know the answer, very few of us if any of us did. When I found the truth of the matter, I published it here in the forums.

Wayne’s post is on point. The AMA is in fact a lobbying organization that lobbies for motorcycle riders rights with state and federal laws. If a rider of any brand wants to be involved in lobbying for motorcyclists rights, I encourage you to become an AMA member. The MOA has not, nor does it currently engage in active lobbying activities. It may in the future, but currently does not.

I personally would join the AMA but I can’t get on board with their lobbying efforts against helmet laws, so I choose to spend my money elsewhere. It’s a personal choice. And I’m not the type of person to spend my money to join an organization and then spend every waking hour trying to destroy that organization because I don’t agree with their policy or policies, life is too short for that nonsense.

As I stated earlier, the Board is and continues to advocate on behalf of all of our members (most of whom are not on the forums). Our advocations are not limited to BMW. We work with numerous vendors and institutions as often as possible to get the best deals for our members.

That's quite the revisionist history and more than a little hyperbole.

Fortunately the Facebook discussion from which the above excerpt was taken has not (yet) been deleted and the actual series of events is there for anyone to see. The record will speak for itself.

Reading through it it is obvious that you were under the impression that the TIS and/or AIRS supported BMW motorcycles and your first post was to so state to readers which was misleading. Like others, I knew otherwise and I urged you to correct your statement and you dismissed my suggestion. The facts about the alleged online availability of BMW motorcycle service information were obvious and didn't take "quite a bit of time researching" as the TIS site states it plainly and conspicuously (still valid today).

TIS No Go 2.jpg

TIS No Go.jpg

Only then did you actually ask for better information and discovered that this was indeed the case and within hours you were backpedalling on FB. There is a possibility that had I not made the Facebook post of the letter that appeared in the ON that you would still think that the TIS was available as a service resource for BMW motorcycles. Your lack of knowledge of the facts betrays your actual interest in the subject until 14 weeks ago - a year after BMW's decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite the flare for the dramatic! I honestly don't think anything like that is actually going on.

Perhaps you could obtain the unpublished agreements and arrangements between the MOA and BMW and between the MOA and the BMW-controlled BMW Clubs International Council and share them here on the Forum so that we might all be better informed.

The President has stated that the MOA adheres to the Council's "guidelines" and anyone reading those will better appreciate the mission behind the mission.

You are certainly welcomed to make your position known but to do it over and over and over again begins to get a little tiresome. ............ But I feel you are not helping your cause and only making things less fun for the rest of us.

+1

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

Well put.

Quite the flare for the dramatic! I honestly don't think anything like that is actually going on. Personally, I think statements like these hurts your credibility. You've had some great posts about the F-series and that is most welcome on the forum.

Look, what "THIS" is seems to be your use of this forum, as well as 3-4 others that I can find, where you have been conducting your campaign. Lots of cross posting that I can see. You are certainly welcomed to make your position known but to do it over and over and over again begins to get a little tiresome. You seem to have established yourself as the town crier for this cause. You have done quite well with it here on the forum. As you have gathered, not all are with you on this, or have not dug in that deep. But you have seeded the forum with your position. People can find your position anywhere they look. This flood of postings creates, IMO, an unwelcoming environment here.

Your position seems to be one of standing in a closed room while waving your hands and shouting. Is anyone hearing you? Your ultimate gripe is with BMW Corporate? Do you think they even hear you? I don't really know, but I suspect they haven't and the end result is just the sour atmosphere that remains here on the forum.

What I would like to see you do is to take all that energy and point it where it needs to aim...at BMW Headquarters. Take up the mantle for the average BMW rider/owner and fight for the rest of us. Put all that energy into something that will or might actually make a difference. And I would welcome to hear back from you about that effort. Let us know what your discussions are. It would be interesting to hear from BMW Hq how they feel about their decision to discontinue manuals and if they think that might discourage the average owner. Maybe you can get them to divulge their analysis into what such a decision might do to their bottom line when/if people stop buying their motorcycles or cars. We'd love to hear how you make out.

But "THIS"...this continuous flood of negativity towards BMW and the MOA doesn't seem to be helping in my estimation. In my opinion, I think I get the feeling that others here on the forum also are tiring of this. Try to work with the system and the people who are in a position to make changes if possible. I look forward to that. But I feel you are not helping your cause and only making things less fun for the rest of us.

8339-D3-BC-4044-4-FDD-B856-F51-A363769-B2.gif

Some people enjoy a train wreck. :banghead
It’s not a sign of agreement or “likes” on your behalf in spite of your perception.

Unless I’m mistaken, you have manuals for the bikes you do own.
I was going to point out your ad hominem attack on Reese and it’s irony of your perception of people doing it to you. I seriously do not have the time to respond to the Groundhog Day repetitive drone that you are stuck on. Stop being eristic… not Latin , but a good word.
Go do something else and maybe get a hug as this has been more than tiring. As mentioned more than once, your fighting the wrong windmill brother.

I made a comment earlier about my thoughts about BMW, Ducati, and who knows how many others that no longer offer service manuals. In short, for me no service manual means no bike purchase. That's it.

I understood some while back that the BMW MOA club had notified the BMW corporate folks that a service manual would be highly desired.

This endless diatribe and ad hominem blather seems unproductive.

It’s not called backpedaling, but again… nice try. I don’t “backpedal, or walk back my statements, because I have no narrative, I’m not trying to pull one over, I didn’t get “caught in a lie.” It’s called being transparent, and doing my due diligence. You know, like intelligence on the battlefield constantly changing…

When I make a legitimate mistake I apologize for it, have done so often. I even did so to you on Facebook before I blocked you, when you caused me to make comments that were beneath the dignity of the position I hold (which I believe was your goal all along, and is your goal here as well… clearly) but regarding my efforts to work with industry on behalf of our members, I make no apologies. I and my family have sacrificed way too much on behalf of the club to apologize to an individual who is throwing a temper tantrum online.

In the future if the conversation becomes one sided, I’ve added radioflyer to my ignore list (a list of one). We’ll see how this blocking feature works. No further rebuttals necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back