• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorrad App

jakellwood

Is there a simple way to change km to miles and deg C to deg F? I must have missed the set-up functions when installing...Can't seem to find settings that would allow me to make changes. Appreciate any tips!

Welcome to the forum! What year and model bike is this for? That will help identify which version of software works on your bike.

Once we know the year/model, I'll change to the title for more clarity.

Motorrad Ap

I downloaded the Ap for a 2021 R1250RT on my iPhone. After a an hour plus looking through this app I'm ready for some help!

Are you looking to change units in the app or the bike?

In the app, the bottom row has icons: handlebars, map, mountain, and 3 dots. Press the 3 dots icon, then choose "app settings".

On the bike, you may not be able to. I have a GSA and the manual says I can change the units the TFT displays via a menu option in the settings. BUT ... for reasons unknown to mere mortals, and unexplained/not justified by the mother ship, the only units I can change are mpg <> liters/100 km and (I think) psi <> atm. The one I really care about (or will, if I can ever ride into Canada again) is mph<>kph but that has been "disappeared".

Are you looking to change units in the app or the bike?

In the app, the bottom row has icons: handlebars, map, mountain, and 3 dots. Press the 3 dots icon, then choose "app settings".

On the bike, you may not be able to. I have a GSA and the manual says I can change the units the TFT displays via a menu option in the settings. BUT ... for reasons unknown to mere mortals, and unexplained/not justified by the mother ship, the only units I can change are mpg <> liters/100 km and (I think) psi <> atm. The one I really care about (or will, if I can ever ride into Canada again) is mph<>kph but that has been "disappeared".

Thanks! I was out riding today and came across the 3 very small dots on bottom right of screen on the app. Once I hit those it was a breeze. Just needed to know to hit the dots. I knew it was something simple...

I don't want to steal this thread, but did the '15 RT's come with a tool kit ?? how about the special tool to remove the oil cap?

I don't want to steal this thread, but did the '15 RT's come with a tool kit ?? how about the special tool to remove the oil cap?

My 2018 RT came with the oil filler cap tool mounted to the underside of the seat. I hope that helps you out.

My 2018 RT came with the oil filler cap tool mounted to the underside of the seat. I hope that helps you out.

On the RS it's the handle of the screwdriver.
Remove the shank and use the handle.

Does the RT have the same or does it still have the plastic filler cap tool?

Here's the tool that used to come with the R1200 and what I use at home.
20210306_083338.jpg

20210306_083355.jpg

On the RS it's the handle of the screwdriver.
Remove the shank and use the handle.

Does the RT have the same or does it still have the plastic filler cap tool?

Here's the tool that used to come with the R1200 and what I use at home.
View attachment 84564

View attachment 84565

My 2018 RT came with a individual specific plastic tool for the plastic oil filler cap. I replaced the oil filler cap with the aluminum BMW oil filler cap that uses a tamper proof Torx bit they supply. It works much better then the plastic tool and plastic cap.

Back