• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Suggestion Question...

The idea deserves discussion and consideration. But, sidecars and trikes are different creatures and neither is a motorcycle; at least in how they handle.

Speed Up - go right
Slow down - go left :brow

The idea deserves discussion and consideration. But, sidecars and trikes are different creatures and neither is a motorcycle; at least in how they handle.

Speed Up - go right
Slow down - go left :brow

Uhhhh... Huh, riiiight.

But what powers it? Plus, remove the tub and wadda ya gots?
...and by tub I mean sidecar... Not the rider.

What does PM Dave think of this? :bow

Jim

ps. I've seen plenty of two wheelers Speed Up - go right Slow down - go left...

There was this discussion (albeit, short) in a post I reported:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?p=547820&highlight=sidecar#post547820

Looks like it never went anywhere.

Neither does the link... For me anyway...

GrafikFeat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

GrafikFeat -

My post highlighted something that was discussed in the Moderators area. My point was to suggest to other moderators that we did briefly discuss it, although it didn't get any traction.

Include trailers. I see lots of couples with them and the topic comes up every so often here. Not the kind you put the bike on, HD has that covered :laugh

GrafikFeat -

My post highlighted something that was discussed in the Moderators area. My point was to suggest to other moderators that we did briefly discuss it, although it didn't get any traction.

I just brought up the topic for discussion.

Luis

Seems like if they merged the Forum Software Specific Help and Online Central forums, it'd clear up room for a sidecar forum..

There's a bit of over lap in a few...

"F" bikes for one.
F twins... Thumpers F&G... et al.

...and to address one others input...
Trailers...

So "Hacks, Trikes and Trailers".
Seems viable to me.

hellohello.jpg

The first rally I attended was in 1979. I rode two wheels, two up, with a tent on the back. The last rally I attended in 2008. I trailered my sidecar rig behind my motorhome. I think we need a TRAILERING MY RIG BY MOTORHOME section.

Have I come of age or what. Harold in Kansas:rolleyes

The first rally I attended was in 1979. I rode two wheels, two up, with a tent on the back. The last rally I attended in 2008. I trailered my sidecar rig behind my motorhome. I think we need a TRAILERING MY RIG BY MOTORHOME section.

Have I come of age or what. Harold in Kansas:rolleyes

Good Idea... Let's call that one:

"Trailer Kings AND Queens"

Gotta be PC there Harold. :blah

Aplogies for the late response - we have reviewed the suggestion and although very interesting, we feel there is not enough traffic and very model specific to merit it's own forum.

However - do not let that disuade anyone from posting sidecar/trailer questions in the specific bike forums already established.

Regards

The Moderation Team

Aplogies for the late response - we have reviewed the suggestion and although very interesting, we feel there is not enough traffic and very model specific to merit it's own forum.

However - do not let that disuade anyone from posting sidecar/trailer questions in the specific bike forums already established.

Regards

The Moderation Team

I understand the decision. Perhaps the traffic is low as there is not a 'place' to post?
Thereby folks head over to ADV or ISOK?
Regards,

The posting team.

Back