• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Picking Up My 16 R1200RT TODAY

Ebony. It looks black if you are not direct sunlight. Really cool color.

The best description I heard of it was "black cherry." I ended up with it because that's all the dealer had in stock at the time and I didn't want to wait a month but it's really grown on me.

2014 09 07_0627.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny. I wouldn't even consider that color (under all the mud) on my GSA, but on the RT it looks absolutely elegant!

you'll love it!!! Got mine Dec 23 in bronze. Have over 1300 miles, was a great mild winter in Idaho. Have 27 years on Harley's and came over to BMW because I've always had a thing for boxer engines and it was now or never (turning 60 soon). Absolutely no regrets other than there seems to be a limited amount of companies making after market parts. But performance wise…whoa. What fun.

it was now or never (turning 60 soon).

For some reason there's a lot of that going around--I plan to celebrate my 60th in June by re-riding the Tail of the Dragon.

I have a little over 33,000 miles on my 2014 RT and it was out of commission for the first three months I had it for the emergency suspension recall. So it's safe to say that I love it.

Looks like mine. Got mine in November and have 2500 miles registered-it was a mild winter. I really like the power delivery and the lower saddle height. Handling is quite good, solo or two-up. Planning a long Western trip for this summer. Enjoy!

larry

From what I've read I really want a new RT. (haven't ridden a new one but have ridden the r1200rs and a k1600).

I have a 2000 r1100rt and have read the new ones are better in every way functionally. I ride pretty hard so would take advantage of the new motor and frame. Even my r1100rt with modern tires is worlds better than the old /6 /7 I used to ride.

But I can't get on board with the looks of the front of the new r1200rt yet. The batmobile look. All those busy angles.

I am really hoping they will do a redesign of the look before I am too old to want a 620 lb bike. (The r1200rs looks better to me for example).

If I was certain there would be no redesign on the r1200rt in 2017 I might have to just buy a 2016 and learn to live with the "new" look.

Anyone else hoping for the next r12rt to be a bit more elegant lookswise or is it just me stuck in the past?

(I was out of bikes for 20 years but have been riding again with a passion. Have ridden about 14k miles in last 6 months, on three different bikes including the r11rt. )

I just ordered my 2016 R1200RT. The front also has to grow on me. The process of imprinting the new design look on my psyche has started already. I've already started reading the owners manual on PDF getting familiar with the controls and operational limits. I'm looking forward to the new bike.

From what I've read I really want a new RT. (haven't ridden a new one but have ridden the r1200rs and a k1600).

I have a 2000 r1100rt and have read the new ones are better in every way functionally. I ride pretty hard so would take advantage of the new motor and frame. Even my r1100rt with modern tires is worlds better than the old /6 /7 I used to ride.

But I can't get on board with the looks of the front of the new r1200rt yet. The batmobile look. All those busy angles.

I am really hoping they will do a redesign of the look before I am too old to want a 620 lb bike. (The r1200rs looks better to me for example).

If I was certain there would be no redesign on the r1200rt in 2017 I might have to just buy a 2016 and learn to live with the "new" look.

Anyone else hoping for the next r12rt to be a bit more elegant lookswise or is it just me stuck in the past?

(I was out of bikes for 20 years but have been riding again with a passion. Have ridden about 14k miles in last 6 months, on three different bikes including the r11rt. )

It's all a matter of taste. The batmobike design is one thing that sold me on the WC RT. By contrast I didn't like the look of the old RT or any GS.

I just ordered my 2016 R1200RT. The front also has to grow on me. The process of imprinting the new design look on my psyche has started already. I've already started reading the owners manual on PDF getting familiar with the controls and operational limits. I'm looking forward to the new bike.

When is it coming? Did you happened to see BarryC is offering his 2015 ebony RT1200 on the BMWMOAL site?

Back