• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

flea market change

In addtion to the FAQ page previously sighted, Panjo goes into detail about their terms, how they may charge and other issues at: http://www.panjo.com/terms

http://www.bmwmoa.org/?memberbenefits The Membership Benefits page reach from the Membership link states:

Find your next motorcycle or sell some old parts and gadgets in the MARKETPLACE. Online and print ads are available to BMW MOA members free of charge. Reach the largest BMW motorcycle audience in the world with our Flea Market!

THe Marketplace Guidelines may be found at: http://www.bmwmoa.org/?page=marketplace

MARKETPLACE GUIDELINES
Let's keep it simple.

1. The Marketplace is for the use of BMW MOA members. A valid MOA forum username and password is required to list items, however guests can browse categories and view complete listings. Contacting a seller or "buying" an item requires a login.

2. Each listing is your canvas. The new Marketplace has expanded capability and space for information, descriptions, pictures or just about anything else. However, there are fewer specific locations for item information, such as mileage, color, model year, phone number, email address, etc. Make sure you specify important information within the body of your listing.

3. Be honorable, professional and polite. We are all friends and likely shared a campfire at the end of a long ride. Do your best to be accurate and fair in descriptions. Questions and answers can be public for every member to see. Please make sure you are communicating respectfully.

4. The MOA is providing this Marketplace as a member benefit. The organization is not endorsing any individual, seller, item or listing and makes no warranty about an item for sale or trade.
Questions or concerns may be reported to our MEMBERSHIP TEAM.

Either this is much to do about nothing or things have changed. It would seem the more things change the more they are intended to remain the same benefit.

:dunno I am not part of the Membership Team.

1. The Marketplace is for the use of BMW MOA members. A valid MOA forum username and password is required to list items, however guests can browse categories and view complete listings. Contacting a seller or "buying" an item requires a login.

In the past panjo has said anyone can buy an item listed on the panjo site, not just MOA members.
Sure would be nice if panjo would jump in here and make this perfectly clear.

BTW the Oilhead forum does not seem like the best place for panjo to find threads pertaining to their site.

BTW the Oilhead forum does not seem like the best place for panjo to find threads pertaining to their site.
Thanks Lee, that has been pointed out. My feeling is that there are three threads running, all with pertinent comments relating to the roll-out of this change from Panjo. They are here, Wetheads and Online central.
Normally we would collect them all up and probably merge the comments into one thread.
As the threads "seem" to have a bit of direction of their own, a merge would (I feel) dilute the overall message in each thread.
Eventually there will most likely be an organizational thread created referencing the three that exist and the inevitable new threads that will show up as Members find the change in Panjo.
OM

...BTW the Oilhead forum does not seem like the best place for panjo to find threads pertaining to their site.

Or for a member of the Membership Team able to respond with what the Associations understanding of the deal with Panjo and the benefit for members.

Where to put it?

In the past panjo has said anyone can buy an item listed on the panjo site, not just MOA members.
Sure would be nice if panjo would jump in here and make this perfectly clear.

I started this thread here because there did not seem to be any place to ask this question.
it seems to be working here.

I listed several items on the old panjo site and found it very frustrating to hold any direct conversation with the buyer.

panjo wants to control the sell and how you ship and pay..

I eventually just gave up and went to another site.

This is a crappy system and needs to go away.

I do not know how much dough $$$$ MOA makes from Panjo but it's not worth it.

Let's go back to the old classified system, sure it not as fancy but the MOA is not Amazon.com or fleabay its a RIDERS CLUB.

Dave

The bottom line here is that no one does anything for free. PanJo included.
Time for Panjo to respond here and be up front and truthful.
This is a private club with members paying to be part of it.
We should be dictating how we want to be paid and not them.

For me, I don't want to get banned for what I have to say about this and the history.......... The flea market in the BMWMOA, not the MOA owner's news, did become dated; but to remove it was a lousy thing in my opinion. THAT AND THAT LOUSY MAP OF WHERE AND WHEN..... it omits a lot of the stuff in the midlands because of the page down the middle of the country.........
Anyway here to discuss the "flea market".............I just went to the flea market above, and it really is a joke..... we are associated with bimmers and flashlight groups???..... Then the stuff is in no order. It is just missing a LOT..... Folks are charged money?????........ How does the IBMWR folks do this:

http://marketplace.ibmwr.org/

Surely the membership/marketing team, of which I include the new editor of the "MOANEWS", instead of remaking what BMWMOA is, should possibly follow tradition and find out what the membership actually wants...... Do WE really want to toss out valued traditions and follow THEIR vision of what the MOA is????..................

Not that my little voice means anything to anyone; but MODS....could you put this really important issue in something besides "OILHEADS"???.....When I open the "forum", I just go to new posts and scan down..... Seldom do I choose, pinheads, squareheads, pinheads, or the like and just happened across this thread.......THE TOTAL MEMBERSHIP SHOULD BE INVOLVED IN THIS ISSUE.............THANKS THAT IT'S HERE at all......

Not that my little voice means anything to anyone; but MODS....could you put this really important issue in something besides "OILHEADS"???.....When I open the "forum", I just go to new posts and scan down..... Seldom do I choose, pinheads, squareheads, pinheads, or the like and just happened across this thread.......THE TOTAL MEMBERSHIP SHOULD BE INVOLVED IN THIS ISSUE.............THANKS THAT IT'S HERE at all......
All voices are heard, thats why three threads, on basically the same subject, are running at the same time.
Clarification of the Members concerns regarding Panjo, whether it's functionality or fees are an important concern of the Membership.
As it seems, Many Members only go to their favorite section of the forum, three threads will help with visibility.

Thanks Lee, that has been pointed out. My feeling is that there are three threads running, all with pertinent comments relating to the roll-out of this change from Panjo. They are here, Wetheads and Online central.
Normally we would collect them all up and probably merge the comments into one thread.
As the threads "seem" to have a bit of direction of their own, a merge would (I feel) dilute the overall message in each thread.
Eventually there will most likely be an organizational thread created referencing the three that exist and the inevitable new threads that will show up as Members find the change in Panjo.
OM

Later, I will put together an "organizational" thread for all the posts- I will post in each thread it's location.
OM

Who reads the showthread????

Post # 23 addresses why there are multiple threads currently running

The announcement was posted here and should be the main place to vent and ask questions to the Panjo administrator. The Forum Mods hae no control or ability to fix the issues...we are users as well and as frustrated as most.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?82070-Announcement-We-are-upgrading-the-BMW-MOA-Flea-Market!

Thanks for that comment,I do appreciate what all the moderators do in keeping this web sight running and everything where it should be.

Until you mentioned it I did not know the show thread existed.

I think if we as a club are going to turn our website flea market over to an outside firm we might as well look into turning the management of the club over to an outside company as well.

lets out source the whole thing.

We could make more money. We would not need an office staff, they would be able to sign more members up even those that are interested in flashlights and weather balloons.

Just imagine how big the club could be.

Dave

I've quit advertising here because of Panjo. Paying to advertise on a site I pay to use was a bridge too far.

You have never paid to use the Flea Market section of BMW MOA. The flea market section of BMW MOA continues to be free as a member benefit.

It always comes down to money$$$$$. Some body is making some $$$ with this panjo stuff

Panjo donates server costs, CDN (content delivery network) expenses, customer support time, and other resources to BMW MOA. Panjo makes money by charging fees within certain community marketplaces on its platform. Panjo is a community of community marketplaces. Some of those community marketplaces are fee free (like BMW MOA) some are not.

I have bought and sold on the previous version of panjo and never had a fee, never had a problem communicating with the seller or buyer, never had a problem at all after the server was upgraded to Linux. I found the experience quite satisfactory. Perfect, of course not. What is? Good enough? iMHO yes. I am willing to give this change some time to settle without rushing to judgement.

Do these fees apply to member to member transactions? Lacking any authoritative answer one would assume the answer is yes. Beyond VBulletin and various technical advantages to using Panjo, does the MOA receive any monetary benefit from transaction fees, if they are charged to member to member transactions? This may be one way to soften the idea of an expense to advertize and sell on the site. My sense is for many it may not.

BMW MOA members can use Panjo fee free. Panjo does not pay BMW MOA. BMW MOA does not pay Panjo. Panjo donates a variety of expenses it incurs to BMW MOA.

The fee to sell my 2013 R1200RT was going to be hundreds of dollars. Sure, the listing was free. I don't even think PayPal will allow a transaction for the amount involved. Using Panjo without PayPal doesn't appear to be an option. I don't like the format, the requirements for payment or the fact that starting an ad in Flea Market places it in the for sale section and vice-versa. The opposite isn't true. Close one ad and the other remains open.

We are working on some options for high ticket items to hep sellers optionally collect a down payment or security deposit.

There is no fee to sell your 2013 R1200RT

When you state: "starting an ad in Flea Market places it in the for sale section and vice-versa. The opposite isn't true. Close one ad and the other remains open." I think you are talking about the connection between the BMW MOA community marketplace on Panjo and the For Sale subforum in the BMW MOA forum. For clarity: the BMW MOA community marketplace on Panjo powers the marketplace subforums in the BMW MOA forums. When you update your listing via Panjo, or mark the item as sold, the thread post will update automatically.

An update to this language would read:

1. The Marketplace is for the use of BMW MOA members. A valid MOA forum username and password is required to list items and have those items appear in the member marketplace section of the BMW MOA community site. Guests can browse categories and view complete listings. Contacting a seller requires a login. Anyone can purchase an item. Sellers reserve the right to accept or reject a buyer.

Back