• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TRUCKS!!!! Let's See 'em and Hear About 'em

Best comment so far was from a cop friend.... "Nice truck, didn't they have anything in the men's department?" He drives a diesel Ram 3500, so you can see the difference in expectations for a truck.
70cee9f9ae54254cfefd973b7ab79982x-jpg.png

Comments like this are amazing. Did he also tell you that you should be smoking Marlboro, and riding a Harley instead of a sissy bike?

I've got a car, and a midsized SUV. If it won't fit in the SUV, I borrow, or rent, a truck. Works for me.

And just for the record I have a friend that has a Ridgline, and he thinks it is a great pickup.

Not everyone needs to own a Ram to be a "real" man.

E.

Last edited:
Comments like this are amazing. Did he also tell you that you should be smoking Marlboro, and riding a Harley instead of a sissy bike?

I've got a car, and a midsized SUV. If it won't fit in the SUV, I borrow, or rent, a truck. Works for me.

And just for the record I have a friend that has a Ridgline, and he thinks it is a great pickup.

Not everyone needs to own a Ram to be a "real" man.

E.

All the ribbing has been good natured, and in the case I mentioned it was very funny as well.

You guys ever get the feeling you are not driving your truck alone...like someone is peeking through the back window?

IMG_2697.2.jpg

I drove a Ridgeline from an auction in Albuquerque to deliver to SanAntonio with Chuck’s Roadster in the back after the Dodge I was supposed to drive with my bike needed a rim when we headed back and Chuck was in charge. H and I have met him at the auctions and made money , drove across eastern NM and hot WTX in August with bikes riding behind us and A/C’s blasting. H sets the pace and convoy ahead!
It took me the whole trip to finally find the cruise control on the kick panel by my left foot. :dunno Who does that?

That Ridgeline was OK but reminded me of my dads 80’s El Camino... not my pref :whistle

I drove a Ridgeline from an auction in Albuquerque to deliver to SanAntonio....
It took me the whole trip to finally find the cruise control on the kick panel by my left foot. :dunno Who does that?

That Ridgeline was OK but reminded me of my dads 80’s El Camino... not my pref :whistle

Hmmm. On my 2014 Ridgeline cruise controls are on the steering wheel, along with audio controls. There is a master on/off switch for the steering wheel cruise controls, located on the dash next to the headlight switch.

Mine is a 1st generation (“G1”) Ridgeline. This design came out in 2004 and remained in production for a decade. Maybe cruise control is set-up differently on the new G2 (2017+) versions?

I never thought about owning a truck until the wife asked about trailering the bike on long trips because the ride home through north Florida was getting to be something she no longer enjoyed. I found this to be a great alternative and discovered I really like owning a truck along the way. Now I can’t imagine not having one. And of course there is the benefit of keeping her happy!

6F056DAC-71C8-44ED-9D9C-5D7B0838BEBB.jpeg

Hmmm. On my 2014 Ridgeline cruise controls are on the steering wheel, along with audio controls. There is a master on/off switch for the steering wheel cruise controls, located on the dash next to the headlight switch.

Mine is a 1st generation (“G1”) Ridgeline. This design came out in 2004 and remained in production for a decade. Maybe cruise control is set-up differently on the new G2 (2017+) versions?

CC is on the steering wheel on the Gen 2 Ridgeline as well.

I finally stopped and read the manual... it was def in an unusual spot. No clue on year model, 2014 could have been that run we made

CC is on the steering wheel on the Gen 2 Ridgeline as well.

The Gen 1 Ridgeline had the Cruise on/off switch located in a panel Beneathe the Headlight Switch and over the Parking Brake, the controls for set/Resume/+/- were on the steering wheel.

The Gen 1 Ridgeline had the Cruise on/off switch located in a panel Beneathe the Headlight Switch and over the Parking Brake, the controls for set/Resume/+/- were on the steering wheel.

I was actually mistaken earlier about the location of the master on/off switch for the cruise control on my G1 Ridgeline (what I described was the arrangement for our G1 Pilot.)

All the cruise controls, including the master on/off, are on the steering wheel on my G1 Ridgeline.

The G1 Ridgeline had a ten year production run. It underwent two “refresh” cycles during that run (2009, and 2012). By the time mine was made in the last year of production, a lot had been improved on this version. More powerful engine (more Hp and torque, peak torque at lower rpm), lower transmission gearing in R,1,2,&3rd gears (a + for towing), better fuel economy, plus a bunch of other less significant improvements.

And apparently they somehow got wind of Henzilla’s complaint and moved the cruise control master switch to the steering wheel.

Here's my contribution to the truck thread (sort of)
I got this in Aug. 1970
The versatility of a small pickup with the ride comfort of a car
It won't haul a lot compared to some others shown here but
with a breathed on, balanced and blueprinted big block with
a Top loader 4 speed behind it, it hauls ass:D
It's been through the wringer in the last 50 years and it's got the
scars to prove it, obviously. But Ive had it so long now I can't get
rid of it

Attachments

• IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 96
Here's my contribution to the truck thread (sort of)
I got this in Aug. 1970
The versatility of a small pickup with the ride comfort of a car
It won't haul a lot compared to some others shown here but
with a breathed on, balanced and blueprinted big block with
a Top loader 4 speed behind it, it hauls ass:D
It's been through the wringer in the last 50 years and it's got the
scars to prove it, obviously. But Ive had it so long now I can't get
rid of it

:thumb

Just seen this thread so I had to chime in.................

Here's a couple pics of my build a few years back.

1999 Dodge Ram 1/2 ton with 13" Total lift.

Lots and Lots of mods on this one

IMG_0138.jpg

baranga4.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

Nice Dodge, my first was a 2000 Cummins. The rear suicide door used to cause me grief a few times... have it again on H’s FJ... PITA but am used to it

Had a coworker or two with lifted Chevys while I was Jeepin it around 81. They used to pull up next to me on the beach and yell to throw it in the back... yeah, yuk yuk! Always fun to watch them forget how far that first step was, always in front of the girls!

1940 Ford

D37B117D-3FC1-4AE0-B1DA-B498743A0C7C.png

My Dads 1940 Ford has a 95 horsepower flathead v8 in it, when he picked up truck he drove it off the Ford factory assembly line In St. Louis. After they got truck back to farm my dad and another relative who was a carpenter made the bed for the truck.

Without digging deeply in slides not yet digitized I don't have pictures: but my favorite trucks included a 1957 Chevy 3100 Carryall, one of the original Suburbans. Lest you wish to exclaim that the enclosed Suburban was not really a truck, I challenge you with my next one. A 1978 Subaru Brat. I took out the rear facing seats and used it for a survey crew vehicle for a couple of years. The most fun vehicle I ever owed. I would buy another one new in a minute if they still built it.

Back