• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tent question

My son & I got a Exped Venus III for 2 people with gear, exped down mat,and Exped Water bloc down bag - we love Exped gear

Here's how I transport my tent:
20110625-019.jpg

The roll on the top of my radio box is my Therma-Rest "Dreamtime" sleeping pad. At home, I'll unroll the sleeping pad out on the floor, lay the tent body, groundsheet, and fly on the pad, use the tent poles as a spindle and then roll the whole thing up into the "bedding burrito" that sits on top of the bike. When I get to camp, I take the entire burrito off the bike, plop it on the ground, and unroll and then set-up my tent and mattress. When it's time to pack up, I'll put the mattress on top of a picnic table or on the grass and put the tent body, groundsheet, and fly on top of the mattress, roll it all up once again, strap it to the bike, and I'm off to the next destination.

I highly recommend this procedure if you have the place to strap a "bedroll" across your bike - like across a rear seat or rear rack if you have the options.

What happens when you are riding in rain...doesn't your tent and bed roll get wet? I like the idea but wondering about riding in the rain.

I had a REI 4 man half dome tent... I loved it. I lost it in a fire back in 06' I never knew REI guaranteed their product for life. I guess it wouldn't be guaranteed if lost due to fire though. I got an MSR tent but wish I went back with REI. I am not saying I don't like the MSR tent... REI was nice and quick to put up but they had changed the design on the half dome since.

Back