• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rider Down

:cry

Member Karen Burdette was hit by a car that crossed the centerline while riding her R1150. It happened last night in Missouri. She has a broken left leg and arm and will be off the bike for the season... the bike is totaled.

So sorry to hear this. We're wishing you the best care and a speedy recovery.

Jack and Viki

It was such a comfort to hear her joking around and being herself this morning. Keep the good karma and prayers coming, folks. Recovery is a long road ahead...

Get well soon, Karen. What would we do without our Java Lady?

She's a tough bean (ha ha)... you can bet she'll be out there serving up java AND riding earlier than the docs will predict. You just can't keep a tough nut down...

I am so sorry to hear about the accident and thankful that it wasn't worse. My thoughts are with Karen for a speedy recovery and with the whole Burdette family.

Thank you for the updates on Karen's condition to those of you who have visited. Please continue to keep us posted.

I'm sorry to hear this but at the same time, I'm glad to hear that things are looking
better. Get well soon!

In our Prayers

My wife and I will keep Karen and her Family in our prayers.:) Is there an adress to send mail. I'm sure it is posted and I am going to feel stupid about it. But I would like to know the address.

Last edited:
My wife and I will keep Karen and her Family in our prayers.:) Is there an adress to send mail. I'm sure it is posted and I am going to feel stupid about it. But I would like to know the address.

It is Barnes Jewish Hospital In St Louis... there is a snail mail address box in the lower right corner of Karen's website:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karenburdette.

you can sign the guest book or email her directly at:

http://www.barnesjewish.org/groups/d....asp?NavID=530

Email sent! Let's all do our part in her recovery and flood her with best wishes and good karma! After all she is family!

Sent Karen (I don't know her) a message. Thanks for letting us know! Sounds like a bad accident. My heart goes out to hear as she goes through what I'm sure will be a long healing process. That said, she IS lucky.

helen, thanks for posting this. i sent karen an email and will try and make it up at some point to visit. glad to hear that she's feeling well enough to still be bossing brian around. that's a good sign.

Double Double DANG!

The worst. But she's in the best of hands now and good vibes coming from every corner.

Voni
stuck in NW Texas weather . . .

Sad news indeed, but she is in good hands, especially with Helen and other friends standing by. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Muriel

Another Important Update from Caring ... on Karen

...... is posted here:

"This is Helen again.
I have had some folks ask about visiting Karen.

I know those of you that are nearby would like to drop in...and those that are itchiing for a destination to ride would love to stop by, but Karen just spent over 5 hours in surgery getting her wounds cleaned to avoid infection. Her system has been compromised by the trauma of the accident and now these operations. I would ask you all to send cards and email...she's receiving and appreciating them all... but save the visits for after she has a chance to recuperate from these operations.

We are looking at next week before they are all done with this round. The last thing she needs now is some infection.

I'm not saying any of you are toxic, it's just.... well, try to understand and hold off on your visits.
Thanks"

Again the caring site url is: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karenburdette

- Vince

Here is to a speedy recovery for Karen and some good karma for her. The worst thing is when you feel good enough to finally look at your bike. I remember gingerly sanding fairing parts with my arm in a sling and 6 broken ribs.

Back