• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It's a GiantStampede!!!

Bear Lodge

I am registered for both the Rally in Billings and the Stampede in Wyoming. I have called the Lodge on several occasions and requested a camping space; So far they have only told me they would call with the info - they have yet to respond. I have no idea weather a site has been reserved for me or if I need to make other arrangements. :dunno

As mentioned earlier I have called several times, often no one answers the phone.

No issues with Billings, reservations have been confirmed.

Thank You.

I had the same difficulty. Use this phone number: 307-752-4444. That number is answered more often than the others.

Thom

Thanks for the info and help !!!

I'm headed out early tomorrow morning from Central FL.... No particular route just a five day meander.... Looking forward to meeting everyone and the beauty of the Big Horns :)

Now that its over!

The few days spent at the bear lodge prior to the rally was a great time, great riding right out the front door of bear lodge. After a day ride and coming back to camp with food, beer and prize was awesome, to top it of with a fire under the stars.

On one of the day rides the camera was flying to capture the ride of giants in the bighorns. Thanks to Robert Barbutti for bring his DJI Inspire drone all the way from northern Cali on the back of his two week old to him R1200GS. Without his flying and camera skills this would have never been possible. Mechanical failure killed the drone for the rest of week so no MOA rally footage was taken. At the MOA Rally Robert and I sat down and put together this film in Final Cut Pro on my mac. It took about 12 hours to edit this 4 min video. The film music is by The Last Jacksons Band song: Ancient Age. Thanks to them for allowing us to use there song as the soundtrack to this film. Hope you enjoy watch in 1080pHD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXBLVe-Cf2g

Giants made the local new in billings at the MOA rally. http://www.kulr8.com/story/29630217/taking-it-off-road#.VbQKPZtyucY.facebook

On one of the day rides the camera was flying to capture the ride of giants in the bighorns.

Wonderful. :thumb Thanks for posting.

I think I'd be a little nervous if one of those was flying over my shoulder. :)

And the news report is good PR for MOA in that viewers can put some faces to BMW riders.

Photos! Photos! Photos!

Ok Giants here's links to some of the photos from the Giant Stamped. There's still more to come we wouldn't want spoil a great adventure in one shot.

My photo I uploaded to Google+ because they don't take a good photo and compress the heck out of it like Facebook. https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOPTXk910ETJcH_QkJcG7VXtpxFFyB4RQSpa5TJ

Drop Box photos, comment here about your experience. This will help us determine what direction the club needs to go for photo hosting. Here are 150 of 8,000 photos that where collected from GS Giants during the Giant Stampede and 43rd MOA Rally. When commenting on a photo please do it in Drop Box. Not all Giants are here on MOA forum. Alrighty guinea pigs you ready?https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fp3o8k6i553zt3s/AAA24OoGT0mYWxaVK5heujska?dl=0

Back